Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i know i should of listened to what people were telling me and such, but i was a jackass and i did and now im payin the price. Basically i blew my d-series motor, and went and bought a 92 B16A SiR II motor i have the motor, tranny, ecu, clutch, starter, water pump, alternator, engine mounts and wiring harness. I know i need shift linkage (which one, i think out of an integra?? which years) and what else do i need to make this thing happen and how much will it cost.

Basically i have like 400 dollars to get this motor in my car and running in 1 week 2 weeks MAX you think it can happen??

Ne help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
can't help you with the swap, but since you blew your old engine and the car doesn;t runn, and it will need to be towed to a shop if you need help, pull all the old stuff out and get ready for the swap. At the minimun you can mount the engine and tranny, and while you do that, figure out what else you need.....as you can see i'm very new here...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
what ECU are you using?

i think you need to use a 99-00 Si shift linkage

you also need a Si fuel pump , but that can wait.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im using a OBD I mines ecu (p30 Chipped). I heared that i will need an intermdetiate shaft, axle seals, from a del sol vtec do u know if this is true??

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Furious98662 said:
Im using a OBD I mines ecu (p30 Chipped). I heared that i will need an intermdetiate shaft, axle seals, from a del sol vtec do u know if this is true??
If your running a OBDI ECU, then you also need the conversion harness.

Mounts:
*Rear engine tranny mount: 99-00 Civic Si(use stock civic rubber)
*Driver side upper: 99-00 Civic SI mount(piece that bolts onto the block)(use stock civic rubber and bracket)
*Driver side lower: Integra mount/bracket will work, but no A/C(use stock civic rubber piece here as well)
*Upper Tranny mount: Use all stock civic parts here(the piece on the car, and the piece that bolts to the tranny)
*Lower fron tranny mount: Integra or Civic bracket will work here(use stock civic rubber piece her too)

Wiring:
The wiring b/w the two motors is different(the Integra motor and the civic motor). The ECU pinout is the same, but the plugs to the car from the motor are different. There are different solutions here, you can just use the Civic engine harness onto the LS engine and elongate the O2 sensor wires, or make your own, I'm blending the two harnesses together to make it work, seems quicker to me..

The metal clutch line from the Civic must be used all the way to the bracket that bolts on the the tranny, retain the bracket in the swap as well, and the just connect it as you took it apart on the civic.

The B series shift linkage must of course be used w/ the swap, unless you plan on cutting and elongating the stock civic linkage.

As far as the radiator hoses go, you can just use the ones from a 99-00 Civic SI or a del sol VTEC, I haven't gotten far enought yet to see if any of the civic ones fit yet or not..I think the lower hose may work though...just the top hose will be different.

The fuel line and accelerator cable will have to come from the integra as well, as they are different.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
intermediate shaft and axles from a 3rd gen teg will need to be used....any integra or 99-00 SI shiftlinkage will work fine, upper radiator hose for a 99-00 SI must be used, stock lower will work. Infin is correct on the mounts.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I NEED the axles?? or can i use my stock d-series ones. and i heard that i only need 2 mounts to swap it the rear tranny mount and the driver side mount from a 99 si??

And how much does an intermidiate shaft run??

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
your D series axels wont work, but you can get new axels with a life time warranty for under 100.00 each from most large auto parts stores.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn. Damn Damn. This swap is turning out to be a hell of a lot more expensive then i thought. What axles do i need? axles from an 99 SI, or a 3rd gen teg? Which would be cheaper?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok ive been reading hondaswap.com and i heared all i will need is new axle seals instead of entire new axles, is this true?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts