Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 honda civic ex and can easily removed the the speaker itself but need help removing all the other paneling so i can mount my crossover and swap out the factory tweeter with an afterone was wandering if anyone had any pics or could help walk me threw it. thanks

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
its basically take out all the screws and pull. I don't have a civic so i'm not sure where all the screws are. if you look at it you should be able to tell. there is i hidden in my ted behind a plastic piece on the inside door handle.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The panels pop right off. But don't mount the crossovers in the door panels ... put them somewhere easy to get at. Also make sure you use the foam cups for the door speakers ... stops moisture and shit ... they're like 10 bucks. I did all this the wrong way and the crossover came loose in the door panel and also got wet ... The speaker got wet also (didn't use the cups). Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where should i mount the crossover then because i don't want to have wires dangling from door where ever i mount them at?

·
Registered
471 Posts
take off all the screws and rip off the panel gently. chances are, if you bought a set of nice components, they will not fit into the door without some major cutting of metal. and on the civic, i would suggest putting the crossovers in the door panel, there really isn't any other choice, unless you feel like running wires through the door which is the biggest pain in the ass.

the place near the lower bottom corner of the door edge is the really the only place. If your crossovers open up ( has a cover ), you will need to wrap tape around it so if someoen slams teh door, they wont pop open accidentally. I have mine velcroed to teh door panel, but using 3m industrial strength 5 pound double sided tape would work better.

when putting the door panels back, make sure teh windows are down or else you'll never slide the panel back perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts