Votes: 1 12.5%
  • other? please specify

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most of you know what my car looks like.
the body is red, and ive got silver rims, tinted rear windows, red and black vinyl seats, black momo wheel, black dash, polished valve cover, etc etc.

well, with that in mind, im trying to decide what color i want to go with for my charge pipe that goes from the intercooler to the throttle body.
im gonna get it powder coated

currently, ive got a silver/red/black theme going
i dont really want to have it painted red, beacuse i just think it would look tacky and plus im planning on painting my car.

on a side note, im looking to paint my car 2002/2003 Ferrari 360 Modena Rosso Corsa Red
i contacted the dealership and they dont sell the paint in bulk (quarts) but they said the paint code was 322.

now the plan was to buy it from ferrari, because you wont get the same quality and color just by matching the paint at some paint mixing shop.

can anyone tell me somewhere i can have a quantity, enough to paint my crx, with the highest possible quality, and as close to the factory ferrari paint?
if you have suggestions of another ferrari red or any other nice red, than post, i will surely consider them

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
championship white

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
the red from the 99-00 civic si...milano red i believe?

if i'd have chosen another color, this would have been it...with the same scheme though (cf hood, black wheels, moldings, etc). :tu:

·
Registered
696 Posts
be prepaired to pay a butt load because red is the most expensive paint color

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
price for paint is not an issue, quality and beauty are my main worries.
by silver i meant silver, not chrome or polished.
although a chome or polished finish might not look that bad

and white would look rice, nothing else on my car is white

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
TheTurboDan said:
price for paint is not an issue, quality and beauty are my main worries.
by silver i meant silver, not chrome or polished.
although a chome or polished finish might not look that bad

and white would look rice, nothing else on my car is white
championship white = no where near rice.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
championship white = no where near rice.

thats what color i am painting my shit as soon as i can afford it....lol....stupid primer

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
thats what color i am painting my shit as soon as i can afford it....lol....stupid primer
i'm not a fan of white, but that's the ONLY white that would ever touch my car. :tu:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
i'm not a fan of white, but that's the ONLY white that would ever touch my car. :tu:
my car was white originally, i primered it black because i'm stupid and i was going to paint it black, but now for cost purposes and looks i am going w/ championship white

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the car will be red, there is no debating that, i thought you meant leave the car red and paint the charge pipe white.:eek:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
TheTurboDan said:
the car will be red, there is no debating that, i thought you meant leave the car red and paint the charge pipe white.:eek:
lol. white charge pipes...hmmmmmmmmmm :lightbulb:

:eek:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
is your car done yet phan?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
is your car done yet phan?
fuck no. my friend tells me that he decided to go standalone last minute, and he doesn't have the money to pay for it just yet. the car is still sitting at the shop TAKING UP SPACE. i think i'm going to swap the b20 at home this weekend, and have them do the turbo. at least i'll have part of it done...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
fuck no. my friend tells me that he decided to go standalone last minute, and he doesn't have the money to pay for it just yet. the car is still sitting at the shop TAKING UP SPACE. i think i'm going to swap the b20 at home this weekend, and have them do the turbo. at least i'll have part of it done...

LOL

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
so yea, talk about a BUSY weekend. :eek:

word....i called corbeau today and he said that i could use my OEM buckle etc on their bracket, i am going to test fit it today....hopefully it will work

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
temp03 said:
word....i called corbeau today and he said that i could use my OEM buckle etc on their bracket, i am going to test fit it today....hopefully it will work
yeaaa, better take pics when it's in.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
yeaaa, better take pics when it's in.

i will.....it didnt look like the 91 seat buckle will work on there but corbeau said it should, and he said if it doesn't to take pix and e mail them to him so he can check the engineering notes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts