Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Audi TT's are nice. I wish I could drive one.

The RSX would be the better option over the Civic. The engine is a lot better. RSX's are quite fun though. You would enjoy it for a few years.

The RS2.5 doesn't need a swap, but you have options if you ever want a different motor. The stock 2.5 motors respond well to mods. The newer WRX's aren't bad, but I personally don't like the front end, and would probably only go for the wagon version for the extra space.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
meh the rsx is ok but not that fun.

and marques is bias, he hates vw's and audi's

take the mazda off the list

if you want something awd either the audi or the subaru

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

What is your take on an a4? Not the fastest but I mean in terms of reliability and maintanence. I'd prefer AWD or RWD, but if a civic or rsx come along at a fantastic deal they are both still upgrades vs what I have now

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
s2bizzy

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah you have 330xi's going for 7-10K in decent condition. most of the parts are interchangeable between models. bmw is the nissan of germany :p

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
If I can't sway you to a Volvo, the BMW would be my next choice. Honestly, I might try and pick one up as a daily here in a year or two once I get a salaried full time job somewhere.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
all the BMW's I've glanced at on kijiji are in the $9k+ range for a 2000, and have atleast 160k-200k on them. I know my honda has a lot of k's and still runs great, but I'd prefer not to buy something with so many again. Do these prices seem a little high for the year/mileage to you guys?

How long do BMW's tend to last? I like the looks, just curious as to how fun they would be to drive, not the most powerful and look pretty heavy. Don't think I can afford to get into the AWD beemers

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
my freinds E36 M3 has 197k miles on it, and it runs great, and he beats on it at the track.

I know folks with bimmers that last for a long time, 2, 300 k. Shoot most euro cars will last forever, the key is taking good care of them. You have to be pretty particular, and use good parts, not the generic napa BS a lot of the time.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
What is your take on an a4? Not the fastest but I mean in terms of reliability and maintanence. I'd prefer AWD or RWD, but if a civic or rsx come along at a fantastic deal they are both still upgrades vs what I have now
I would rather have the v6 biturbo quattro than the 1.8t

yeah you have 330xi's going for 7-10K in decent condition. most of the parts are interchangeable between models. bmw is the nissan of germany :p
really? cause I can't take anything from a 96 passat and swap it to my 84 rabbit? or any mk3 engine and swap it to any mk2 or mk3 vw? bmw is not the nissan of germany, again you are bias.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I would rather have the v6 biturbo quattro than the 1.8t

really? cause I can't take anything from a 96 passat and swap it to my 84 rabbit? or any mk3 engine and swap it to any mk2 or mk3 vw? bmw is not the nissan of germany, again you are bias.
you're bias because you still swear by the electrical problem child of germany. I would classify vw as the unreliable honda of germany. most of their platforms are fwd like honda. most of their applications are 4cylinders like honda. their most popular cars are sport compacts like honda. they have a ricer following like honda. Hell if you want a beat up hatchback to drive around town with a fart can and you don't want a honda what do you get? a vw.

i would consider bmw more like the nissan of germany. Most of their platforms are rwd or awd. they use the pretty much the same motor design within said rwd platforms with the occasional v8-v10-v12 for the past how many years and 90% of parts are interchangeable same motor layouts. hell bmw's are even gaining popularity for drifting. that's not being bias that's making an observation. i didn't say bmw was better than all. i just said they are like the nissan of germany. Vw is like the honda of germany. vw's are more popular among the younger crowd as well. more likely to see a 16 year old driving a fwd vw than a bmw.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
all the BMW's I've glanced at on kijiji are in the $9k+ range for a 2000, and have atleast 160k-200k on them. I know my honda has a lot of k's and still runs great, but I'd prefer not to buy something with so many again. Do these prices seem a little high for the year/mileage to you guys?

How long do BMW's tend to last? I like the looks, just curious as to how fun they would be to drive, not the most powerful and look pretty heavy. Don't think I can afford to get into the AWD beemers
my friend ant has an m50b25 with built head on stock bottom end that made it to 350K miles all original bottom end parts before it cracked a ringland on Forced induction.

their motors are stout their cooling systems suck balls. nothing a 340 dollar mishimoto rad kit with dual elec fans won't fix. :lmao

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts

i don't hate them. I hate 90's vw's because they are ugly. i have said that time and time again.

you're obsessed with this car

and i think it is the ugliest piece of steaming pile of dogshit to ever appear on the earth.

On top of that it's unreliable garbage. when was the last time any of your vw's ran as a complete car? I witnessed first hand that electrical nightmare of a jetta that left you stranded.

And i have also said that i looooovveeee audi's (yes i know they are rebaged vw's) but i like the body styling of early 2000's a4's you know this so stop talking out of your ass.

again this is ugly as balls and i have no idea why you like this styling.

this is hawt. you know i've been contemplating buying one too. i called you up 3 weeks ago to ask you your opinion on wrx vs a4 quattro. about which would be less of a headache.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
hey, no one likes cars uglier than I do.

This gets me hard as shit

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
you're bias because you still swear by the electrical problem child of germany. I would classify vw as the unreliable honda of germany. most of their platforms are fwd like honda. most of their applications are 4cylinders like honda. their most popular cars are sport compacts like honda. they have a ricer following like honda. Hell if you want a beat up hatchback to drive around town with a fart can and you don't want a honda what do you get? a vw.

i would consider bmw more like the nissan of germany. Most of their platforms are rwd or awd. they use the pretty much the same motor design within said rwd platforms with the occasional v8-v10-v12 for the past how many years and 90% of parts are interchangeable same motor layouts. hell bmw's are even gaining popularity for drifting. that's not being bias that's making an observation. i didn't say bmw was better than all. i just said they are like the nissan of germany. Vw is like the honda of germany. vw's are more popular among the younger crowd as well. more likely to see a 16 year old driving a fwd vw than a bmw.
you said they were nissan of germany based on swapping parts. which isn't necessarily true, I pointed out the fact that vw(and audi) parts can easily be swapped from many generations. I don't think bmw can do that like vw/audi. based on a rwd platform than yeah maybe, but I would say audi produces alot more awd platforms.

i don't hate them. I hate 90's vw's because they are ugly. i have said that time and time again.

you're obsessed with this car

and i think it is the ugliest piece of steaming pile of dogshit to ever appear on the earth.

On top of that it's unreliable garbage. when was the last time any of your vw's ran as a complete car? I witnessed first hand that electrical nightmare of a jetta that left you stranded.

And i have also said that i looooovveeee audi's (yes i know they are rebaged vw's) but i like the body styling of early 2000's a4's you know this so stop talking out of your ass.

again this is ugly as balls and i have no idea why you like this styling.

this is hawt. you know i've been contemplating buying one too. i called you up 3 weeks ago to ask you your opinion on wrx vs a4 quattro. about which would be less of a headache.
just a couple of weeks ago the jetta was running as a complete car. it will be running again this weekend.

how do you figure I'm obsessed with that car? never said that was my favorite car. just because I own one? nah. I'm not obsessed with the mk3 jetta.

and when the fuck did you call me? I don't remember that.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
you said they were nissan of germany based on swapping parts. which isn't necessarily true, I pointed out the fact that vw(and audi) parts can easily be swapped from many generations. I don't think bmw can do that like vw/audi. based on a rwd platform than yeah maybe, but I would say audi produces alot more awd platforms.

just a couple of weeks ago the jetta was running as a complete car. it will be running again this weekend.

how do you figure I'm obsessed with that car? never said that was my favorite car. just because I own one? nah. I'm not obsessed with the mk3 jetta.

and when the fuck did you call me? I don't remember that.
never said it was because of parts interchange ability did i? the sentence said by itself that "bmw is the nissan of europe"

no all last year all you talked about was how awesome it is and all you talk about is the jetta that never ran. and the ugly ass rabit etc. all you talk about are vw and vr6's and what swaps you want to in it. the 4 door is good looking but that red garbage. the ones that never ran and the one i don't like is what i'm talking about.

called you on a sat morning smoking a cig asking about wrx vs audi. you know i love a4's we've had this convo. and i like gti hatchbacks from early 2k's you know this as well. i adamantly hate 90's vw. they are uglyi might be able to stand a corrado done cleanly

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
and audi tt's until late 2000's are fucking lame. terrible cramped uninspiring interior. Fucking glorified beetle lol

21 - 40 of 52 Posts