Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
The 850 r wagon is awsome, super sleeper. I like the tail lights.
I know, I own one.;)

ok, its a sedan, but I do wish I had a wagon.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
you should be.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
um....... lol.
I've never been a fan of 90's vw myself. I know they have the potential to be good cars, my grandpa had a 91 diesel golf, which was my first car (too bad it was stolen before I got my liscense :(). The 00+ golfs are much better looking, I considered one when I bought my current civic actually.

I just think the audi a4 00-04 or so just has nice body lines. I didn't realize it was 3800lbs though, so to make it anywhere near fun I would think it would need atleast 250hp just to move the weight.

As for whoever brought up the v6 biturbo.... I think s4's are sexy, and that engine is a monster. But from what I've read, maintanence on them can be a bitch. And 10k seems to only get you a 00-01 with around 200k km's on it.

For the price vs power vs looks/interior the RSX-s is seeming better and better. It is a nice looking car, sport, 6spd, 200hp, and I really like the interior, kind of reminds me of a Supra, and leather heated seats are a huge plus. Reliable and fuel efficient. Being FWD sucks, but the more and more I think about it, the other cars arn't very practical for my use. Most the BMW's are pricey RWD, along with the s2k and rx8, so winter driving may be an issue. I like the SiR hatch but for only about $1000 i can get into a RSX-s with more room power and amenities. And the general hatred of Audi on this board, along with its sluggishness has kind of turned me off.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I don;t hate on audi, I just think there are far better ones out there than the a4. The AWD, and power everything makes them rather weighty. Trust me. Even the weight difference between a base 850 and an R is noticeable.

Power seats, moon roofs, power locks, windows, AWD, leather, electronic gizmos out the ying yang, and it adds up. And you still have a sub 2l motor under the hood in a 4 door saloon car.

You will have to be prepared to maintain them however. But they are nice as shit cars. I'd love to rock an old 5000, or v8 quattro, or early 90's coupe quattro's. SO BADASS! Shit, maybe I will, I'll bet I can find a 5000 with a 20v for pretty cheap now a days if I started looking.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You will have to be prepared to maintain them however. But they are nice as shit cars. I'd love to rock an old 5000, or v8 quattro, or early 90's coupe quattro's. SO BADASS! Shit, maybe I will, I'll bet I can find a 5000 with a 20v for pretty cheap now a days if I started looking.
Never been a fan of the 5000's, but I always thought the 90's coupe quatros were sexy.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I love my boxy euro sport sedans.

to me, this is hawt as fuck

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
see to me it looks boring. But that is the beauty of cars, everyone has different tastes. I prefer sleek sporty lines, the genesis coupe and upcoming FT-86 are beautiful IMO. In fact I may consider an FT-86 a year after it debuts depending on whether or not it gets FI

41 - 52 of 52 Posts