Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was thinking, and I decided that im gonna work my ass off for a new car. my kbb on my current car is about 10,500. At first, I thought I would go for a rsx type s. Posted a message on there board, and after sitting through classes today and thinking about it, I decided that it would take me forever to get it. The reason I chose this over the 99-00 si is because it is a new car. My mom only trusts new cars. How do I convince my mom that used cars are okay to buy? she tells me...why dont you keep what you have? isnt it good enough? and she says...if you get one, im not paying insurance? I dont know...maybe she's bluffing, but I dont want to take that chance.
Are si's reliable cars? im in my first year of school and I need it to take me places till I get out of college. Would the engines still last after countless times of redlining and beatings of the cars? im asking this bc many people that I know buy it to do this. Please give me some arguments to give my mother. I am planning to buy this car with my own money. Another reason why I want this car is bc its a CHICK MAGNET!!! girls cant resist the ebp on the civic. danggg....I want one so bad.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
you should come up with a bunch of examples regarding how long hondas last WITHOUT problems, tell her it isnt going to hurt getting an si with some mileage on it (as long is it wasnt beaten on) because hondas last forever :D i dont know whether or not this will hurt or help the situation, but try showing her how much si's are still being sold for even though they stopped making them after '00. hopefully this will prove a point all in itself, good luck with the persuading process :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well...I guess my mother doesnt think to highly of the honda quality since she owned a 1990 acura integra back in the day, and about 9 or 10 years after, the oil started to leak. and I dont mean oil spill in the ocean leak, but a drop here and there. or was it my dad who said that? who knows. What can I tell her to convince her that I need a different car???

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
youre telling me she had the car for TEN years, then it lost a DROP of oil here/there and they're worried? eek, good luck man ill try to dig up some really compelling info that will hopefully make her flock to the nearest honda dealership...in the mean time, why dont you just try telling them that they should just buy it for you for the sole fact that it could help you get more a$$ because thats just how hot si's are :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Good luck man, Im 25 and i still cant convince my mom to let me get anothe car, she dosent pay for it and i dont live with her but my credit is f**ked up and she has to be the co-signer

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if I am buying used from a private party, what are some few things that I should do/know before checking the car out and possibly purchasing the car? I wnat to know the right things to say and do. What about at a dealer? saw a ford dealership with a ebp si with 30,000mi on and it was going for 14,500. Im so new at this kind of stuff. Hope you guys dont get mad at me bc of the dumbass questions

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
KoreanGuy said:
well...I guess my mother doesnt think to highly of the honda quality since she owned a 1990 acura integra back in the day, and about 9 or 10 years after, the oil started to leak. and I dont mean oil spill in the ocean leak, but a drop here and there. or was it my dad who said that? who knows. What can I tell her to convince her that I need a different car???
this might sound dumb but tell her ACURA and HONDA are totally different lol and HONDA is better then ACURA

*same people*
lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you are going to use your OWN money then why do you need to convince your mom at all?
Cut the unbilical cord guy. Use your own money, make your own decisions and buy whatever the hell you want.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
KoreanGuy said:
if I am buying used from a private party, what are some few things that I should do/know before checking the car out and possibly purchasing the car? I wnat to know the right things to say and do. What about at a dealer? saw a ford dealership with a ebp si with 30,000mi on and it was going for 14,500. Im so new at this kind of stuff. Hope you guys dont get mad at me bc of the dumbass questions
Just pay a mechanic that u know and trust to take a look at it. When i bought mine the only thing wrong was the clutch was wearing out a little prematurely (40k) but i still bought it cause i got it for only 13k

·
Registered
804 Posts
if you wanna make sure the car is fine get someone to check the report on it on carfax. besides that read up on them so you know everything about the car and can plead your case!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maniac said:
If you are going to use your OWN money then why do you need to convince your mom at all?
Cut the unbilical cord guy. Use your own money, make your own decisions and buy whatever the hell you want.
well...I live with my mom.
I really really really want a si...Hope I get the balls to tell her what I want to do, and eventually do something on my own for once

well...lets say I sell my car first, and then start looking around for a car. How am I goign to get around places in the time between looking and purchasing a car??? so many things to think about and consider. Where can i find a mechanic? do I just go to a garage and say " here's $25 bucks. come with me and check out a car for me?" dont seem that easy

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
KoreanGuy said:
well...I live with my mom.
I really really really want a si...Hope I get the balls to tell her what I want to do, and eventually do something on my own for once

well...lets say I sell my car first, and then start looking around for a car. How am I goign to get around places in the time between looking and purchasing a car??? so many things to think about and consider. Where can i find a mechanic? do I just go to a garage and say " here's $25 bucks. come with me and check out a car for me?" dont seem that easy

Are u telling me u dont have a mechanic? Everyone should have a mechanic that they know and trust. For example my dads mechanic is this guy hes known for about 15 years at the mazda dealership. U take the car to his garage and have him check it out.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
tell her you are just gonna modify it anyway, and that it will void the warranty. Then say would she rather spend a lot of money on a new car, only to have the warranty voided, or get one that is used anyway and costs less? :D

Now that ought to convince her of your true motives.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.