Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone wanna voice their opinions on KYB AGX shocks and Tokico blues??

they seem to be the only sets i can afford right now.. and seeing as how i'll just be using them for street driving i think they'll be ok..

anyone wanna help me decide? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i used to have tokico blues in my civic...they were ok in my opinion and really cheap...a little bit too stiff though

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Koni Yellows (or reds if you don't care about adjustability), all the way. :) Their build quality, fitment, warranty, and customer service are all top notch. I was a suspension noob when I put mine on, but they were more than happy to answer all my stupid questions. :p That was really a pleasant surprise after dealing with so many LESS helpful companies over the years.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love koni yellows, my friend has them on his Si and they're great. they're pretty pricey though and i'm not sure if they're really necessary for daily driving.

I'm really looking into the KYB AGX's since their adjustable, it'll be nice to have that option work with my coilovers. The Tokico blues are only an option because of price.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Id pick the Tokicos over the KYBs anyday... BTW what kind of coilover sleeves do you have?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm planning on ordering ground controls at the same time i get the shocks.. i'm not sure though.. someone told me the GCs are pretty stiff and if i'm gonna go with the tokicos which are stiff as well i might look into skunk2s..

·
Registered
625 Posts
B18Chillin said:
i'm planning on ordering ground controls at the same time i get the shocks.. i'm not sure though.. someone told me the GCs are pretty stiff and if i'm gonna go with the tokicos which are stiff as well i might look into skunk2s..
skunk2's are good but GCs are better... why dont you just do it right the first time and look into some Teins.. got my Type-HA for only $930 out the door. im still trying to break them in....

0ne

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honestly.. i read that post they put up about full coilovers and how they can hurt your car more than they help if they arent tuned right.. frankly it turned me in the direction of shocks and coilovers.. i don't know anyone who can tune full coilovers..

·
Registered
784 Posts
where did you pick up the teins? i am looking into getting the SS's
thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
email Turbo Evolution <[email protected]> for a good price quote on Teins...

"i read that post they put up about full coilovers and how they can hurt your car more than they help if they arent tuned right"

its not that hard to tune like people say... just have to find the right damper setting with a lil exprimentation and your car will ride better than new. if i ever have any complaints about my setup, youll be the first to know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, i'll keep that in mind.

i guess it's also a price issue too. i'd love to get the tein ss set, but $900-1000 vs. $600-700 is a big difference.

edited:

i see all these full coilover setups for DC2s, will they work on DB8s as well?

·
Registered
625 Posts
B18Chillin said:
cool, i'll keep that in mind.

i guess it's also a price issue too. i'd love to get the tein ss set, but $900-1000 vs. $600-700 is a big difference.

edited:

i see all these full coilover setups for DC2s, will they work on DB8s as well?
if the Teins ever break down on you, it is cheaper to have them re-valved or fixed as oppose to blowing one of your aftermarket shocks per say kybs or tokicos and replacing them with a new one. check the Tein website ((http://www.tein.com), im pretty sure they have a set for the DB8s

G2Integrity said:
What about KYB GR2's? Would they do OK on a mild spring like Eibach's Pro Kit?
KYB's GR2 will work fairly well in combination with the Eibach's Pro Kit. If I took the route of Shock/Spring combo I definately wouldve chosen Eibach springs paired up with Kony Yellows. One reason I chose Tein is that im sort of looking into Slalom Racing. I still have big plans as I barely got my car back from being stolen (see link, bottom of my sig)... and I will finish up my suspension and continue prepping my engine for a T3/T4 turbo setup.

good luck to both of you.

0ne.nightrider-gsR

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the koni yellows on my car, and if you can get the money together for them, than I would, because they are awesome. but one thing to keep in mind is that with the koni's you have to order a different coilover sleeve from ground control to make them fit properly. As far as the AGX's vs the tokicos, I have never had much good experience with the tokico's my friend put them on his integra and they just did not perform, but the AGX's are not bad for a inexpensive adjustable shock. As far as teh damage to your car goes, you just have to make sure your struts arent set so stiff that you will beat the hell out of it. If you can afford to go with full coilovers than I would.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i have an 2001 ls, will the tein ss for the gsr fit the ls?
if not, do they make one that does?
also, what is the chassis code for the ls?

·
Registered
625 Posts
eppo said:
i have an 2001 ls, will the tein ss for the gsr fit the ls?
if not, do they make one that does?
also, what is the chassis code for the ls?
eppo, the Tein Type SS model (for street) will definitely fit any 3rd generation DC2 integra (meaning RS, LS, GS, GSR models) except the Integra Type-R which is a DC2-R and the ones that fit those are the Tein Type HA model (street/track/strip). I have the HA model and i was able to make it fit by separately purchasing rear lower Type-R control arms (around $127 shipped www.inlinefour.com).

hope that helps... LS = DC2
P.S: if you want a good price on the SS model, contact [email protected], ask for Tony, he should hook you up!

0ne

·
Registered
505 Posts
KYB/AGX is soo underrated, i love mine, i dont know i have GC and KYB/AGX and it feels stock on strait, but when it hits corners... damn i didnt know i could go that fast around turns...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts