Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a kenwood excelon sterero system in my 98 honda civic.
I WON'T TURN ON
does any1 one have info
can i fix it myself
should i take it to the pros
There are no amps
no woofers

it sucks rolling on with no stereo system

HELP

thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
check all your fuses. if all the fuses are fine, then check to make sure the radio is getting all the power, and ground it needs. if all of those are okay, then you probably have the typical worn out ribbon cable that comes with motorized kenwoods.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just had to replace the ribbion in my kenwood. Cost me $11. works good as new.. after i figured out how to take the damn thing apart.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
hehe u guys missed a good spot...in the main power line, yellow that is constant, some decks require a fuse on that wire to prevent a short or something..that may be blown...take otu the deck and fine that fuse ITS HUGE...check it to see if it isnt blown or not..

then go check ur other fuses as well...

if all is well suspect a loose wire, the remote turn on wire is color red from the deck. check to see if voltage is going through that...if ur getting less than 5 volts then its a blown fuse....

look at the wire connectors that are connected from the car to the wires for the deck....see if they are loose and possibly reconnect them to be safe and constantly check the deck but ALWAYS have the black ground connected...

if u smell the deck and it smells burnt..then its burnt =)

·
Registered
240 Posts
l0ok for wireing and if u striped ne wire check the connection under the tape if taped and of course the fuse box but sure u chacked dat by now

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
when did he say that..i was looking and the dude who started the posts....didnt state he fixed it, but then this other dude said he did...i was confused..lol it will help other people when they do a search =)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
AccOrDZteCh said:
when did he say that..i was looking and the dude who started the posts....didnt state he fixed it, but then this other dude said he did...i was confused..lol it will help other people when they do a search =)
I guess i have to learn how to read. I just saw some one say i just changed the ribbon works good as new.
Don't you hate it when people ask a question and then don't even respond?
It was probablly just a fuse

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
all good bro...i do hate people who ask but dont respond to questions. im a moderator on another board and really i ask to see how something went...yet i get no response so its like, did i help him or not u knoW?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still need help

i replaced the fuse but still doesn't work

Will someone give me detailed intructions how to take the damn deck apart

Most likely its the ribbon son instructs to replace that to

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can I ask a stupid question? Has the deck ever worked? Meaning when you installed it yourself, did it just not work the first time you turned it on or did it work for a while and then one day just randomly shut off?

And it never worked, do you still have your factory deck? If you do can you plug that one in and see if it works?

Do/did all your speakers work?

I ask this only so we can see if it is a bad wire possibly before you go and dismantle your deck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey

no it didn't work before i bought
bought the car used
the only fuse i replaced was the 1 under the hood
is there another fuse if there is give me instuctions on how to get there

thanks guys for all the replys

·
Registered
93 Posts
HAHA I just picked up a dead motorized Excelon last night :) Anyone know where I can get a ribbon cable from??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts