Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished fixing my alarm (broken fuse, *phew*, it was nothing serious) and while i was under there, i saw all these components i couldnt identify.

i tried running the model number on google and couldnt find any info or pics.

hopefully alarms are similar to yours and you can identify these parts. thanks.

1st pics. the brain, i know what that was. (just to make things clear all the other parts are not this.)

2nd pic. its connected to the brain, has these little adjustment knobs. no clue what it might be. :confused

3rd. looks like and OEM alarm? it has a connection that is now in use on the main brain of the aftermarket alarm. :confused

thanks again. :byye

·
Registered
936 Posts
The 2nd one is a shock sensor i believe. That dial adjusts the shock sensor sensitivity ( :hehe ) Can you tell me how hard it is to wire a alarm urself? Do you just splice and attach the main wire harness to the alarm and thats all? how hard would it be to wire remote state and keyless entry? thanks.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that makes a lotta sense that its the shock sensor. :tu

and i have no idea, i didnt wire this myself. but my cousin installed remote start in his truck and he said it was very easy. i couldnt tell you how to do it tho, im pretty sure it will have instructions.

also, with remote start, you gotta make sure the car is in neutral. (learned that the hard way :hehe )

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well I am an automatic. And my next car will defiently be a manual, but i wont get remote start at all on it. IMO, remote start is completely useless. I paid $300 for my remote start, and it is useless. You warm your car up faster by driving it but staying under 3k RPM's until it is fully warmed. Letting it idle for awhile does not do any good at all.

Anyone know what the 3rd pic is?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still think it might be the OEM integra alarm, or something.

and remote start is not necassarily for getting the engine completely warm, that will as you said, take forever at idle. but for me, its about getting the oil warmed up and circulated and lubricate things up faster.

cuz i hate the feeling of putting the car in gear without atleast letting it idle for 30 seconds to get the oil going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.