Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set up my system, its one sony xplod ten and a sony xplod 760 amp....its all set-up right...well atleast i think it is....my problem is eariler i turned up the system all the way and the ten hit pretty damn hard it sounded very good no problems what so ever, and about 10 min. ago i went out to listen to a song in my car...i turned up the system and the system just starts to cut off. like the headunit shuts off for like a sec and cuts back on when the bass hits....hmmm i dont know what it could be...maybe a short in a wire or something but it wasnt doin it earlier....can anyone help me do u know what i need to do in order to fix the problem? thanks for all ur help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a cap...how come it was workin perfect eariler... i mean no problems at all and all of us sudden the headunit just cuts on and off when the bass is up would it help if i turned the bass down on the amp? is there n e thing else i can do other then get a cap....i know ill eventually need one but i wanna try and fix it without a cap right now

·
Registered
739 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that you need a capacitor. More details are needed. How many speakers? How many amps? How many subs? How is the system configured? You mentioned that the head unit cuts on and off. Does the HU actually shut off when this happens? Does the amp shut off when it happens? Be more specific and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction. Danny may be correct but I think more info. would help to narrow it down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well as far as speckers, i have front and back all sony xplod speakers, they work great i like em a lot there 3 way speakers...uh amps..i have one 760 sony xplod amp...i dont have the bass turned up all teh way but its turned up majority of the way....what do u mean by how is my system configured? i dont know what HU is either...sorry....the headunit completly shuts off for like a sec or two..cuts back on...and once bass hits cuts off again...the thing is it worked perfect eariler....i havnt checked the amp...ill let u know bout that its too late for me to go to my car and turn up the system..and if it helps i have the sony xplod m610 headunit....thanks for all ur help i apprciate it a lot

·
Registered
739 Posts
How is your amp wired? There should be a large gauge red wire from the battery + to the 12V+ connection on your amp. There should also be a large gauge black wire going from a solid ground point to the Ground connection on your amp. The blue wire with a white stripe from your HU (head unit) should be connected to the Remote input on your amp. And then your have your RCA inputs and speaker wire outputs from the amp. Make sure your 12V+ and your Remote connections are not switched. Sorry if it sounds remedial but I don't know what kind of 12V experience you have. I initially suspect the wiring because you say the head unit turns off when you have a peak power demand from the amp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked it all....power is in the right place ground is in the right place, remote, rca's everything is rihgt.....

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
k67p67 said:
How is your amp wired? There should be a large gauge red wire from the battery + to the 12V+ connection on your amp. There should also be a large gauge black wire going from a solid ground point to the Ground connection on your amp. The blue wire with a white stripe from your HU (head unit) should be connected to the Remote input on your amp. And then your have your RCA inputs and speaker wire outputs from the amp. Make sure your 12V+ and your Remote connections are not switched. Sorry if it sounds remedial but I don't know what kind of 12V experience you have. I initially suspect the wiring because you say the head unit turns off when you have a peak power demand from the amp.
hey man i like how your accord looks. you did a good job on it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thx Fly. Trying to keep it clean. No picnic bench spoilers on the trunk !!
Solman, are you running a Sony 2150GSX amp? If so, it's a 2-channel (150W x 2). What is it hooked up to? Are you running only the one sub? Or is it running everything? Do your headlights dim when the bass hits? (probably not, because the HU shuts off at peak demand) Check it tomorrow and let us know more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HMMMMM i just checked out my system and the headunit didnt cut off it worked perfectly...i dont know what the problem is...the amp i am runnin is a 2 channel amp, but i only have one sub hooked up to it and i didnt even bridge it......its a sony xplod 760W.....but hmmm i would like to know what made it cut off last night....hopefully it wont do it again....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts