Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently accepted into Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara so I will be making a huge change in my life and moving from florida to california for about 3 years of schooling. I basically need to know what the cops are strict on with the import scene. height...sound level... yadayadayada. also I'm sure I'll have to get my car inspected for emissions levels..I start school in november so I have some time to prepare. any input would be fantastic everyone :D

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
cali cops are pretty strict on everything. im not too sure about sb but a lot of the la/oc/sd cops are like that. i know if you go north to around santa maria, it's really bad. cops will wait for an import to pass on the freeway then pull them over something small then write you up for everything.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Smog is a big thing here in cali. Ride Height as well. I'm sure cops everywhere are pretty crooked...but cali has the worse kinds, especially in Cerritos. So if you're here, watch yourself at the end of the month. All the cops really give are "fix-it" tickets. But that's only if they can't get you for anything else...in my case, powersliding a left turn on an intersection and speeding over the 91..hahahaha!

Don't be stoopid like me...cuz your insurance is gonna skyrocket if you're not smart here in cali..hahaha :clap

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
my mr2 is louder than my how my honda was, and i've yet to be pulled over in it. i've seen cops pulling over riced out domestics (mostly mustangs) too. just don't be stupid and don't make your car too flashy.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. so anyone know of any way to estimate whats too loud..i mean I'm sure if i can get my exhaust decibels measured around here
i have coilovers so the 22" isn't a prob, which is what they are currently set at anyways

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
my mr2 is louder than my how my honda was, and i've yet to be pulled over in it. i've seen cops pulling over riced out domestics (mostly mustangs) too. just don't be stupid and don't make your car too flashy.
cause most cops dont know what your car is. they see it and think it's a lotus or something. :p

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what's the legal sound level again?
and last question, anyone on this board living in Santa Barbara now? I know I'm going to be busy as hell with photography but in the off chance I'd get time between my classes and the 30-40 hours of photography and work(not sure of yet tho) I'd like to get to hang with any of ya

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
95dB is the legal limit, iirc. most aftermarket companies shoot for 90dB

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh oh and one more thing (i'm sorry for hounding ya'll with questions) but how is theft?? car theft....my stuff theft...should I be cautious or would you say it's like any other state..i wouldn't be very happy to see my rims are missing ya know?

·
Registered
451 Posts
hahaha...los angeles has the highest crime rate world wide buddy. be prepared for anything if you're in LA. I say you buy yourself an autoclutch just in case man...I mean, I've heard that people can go through them...but at least it slows them down compared to the club.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Gosei_Passion said:
I was recently accepted into Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara so I will be making a huge change in my life and moving from florida to california for about 3 years of schooling. I basically need to know what the cops are strict on with the import scene. height...sound level... yadayadayada. also I'm sure I'll have to get my car inspected for emissions levels..I start school in november so I have some time to prepare. any input would be fantastic everyone :D

Save yourself a ton of trouble and keep your car registered in FLA. Then you don't have to worry about emissions. F-IT yo!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.