Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get 6 short quick flashes
and then stops for a second then a 7 quick short flashes
and it does this repeatingly! 6 stops for a sec and a 7 over and over and over .....
after i put a paper clip on to see what the code is.

Wut do this mean?
pls help

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Well, it sounds like you are getting 2 different codes (6 and 7), but I'll include code 67 too (CEL 76 is for V6 Accords only).

CEL 6: ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature), defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.
CEL 7: TP Sensor (Throttle Position), defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.
CEL 67: Catalyst system Efficiency Below Threshold, malfunctioning or defective catalyst system.

Complete list of CEL codes here http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/codes.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can i fix this?
for CEL 7
wut can i do
I mean i check the plugs its on
and for the coolant
cel 6 WTF is the matter with it i mean i just put the coolant on
and my car seems to be cool and not overheating

This sux why is this happening
help me out i hate this CEL light

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
You best bet is to go to a dealership and have them check it out. There are several things that could cause those codes. Maybe the sensor itself is bad, or the contacts on the connector are corroded, or you could have a bad ground wire somewhere, or maybe the ECU is screwed up (not likely, but possible).

The Throttle Position sensor is located on the throttle body. It tells the ECU what position the throttle (how far you have the gas pedal pushed down).

The Coolant Temp. sensor has nothing to do with the coolant level. This sensor tells the ECU how hot the engine is, there are different fuel maps for the engine depending on the temp of the engine.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Isa, in response to your PM

Since you just did a swap, the sensors are probably bad. All it takes is one little bump to damage them. Could be bad wiring too. Double check all the wires for those sensors and make sure there are no shorts and they have a good solid ground. A dealership or autoparts store (like Autozone) should be able to test the sensors. Check the web also, the sensors are not that hard to check, you should be able to find some instructions on how to do it.

BTW..clean out your inbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.