Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the engine tech forum also, but we get more traffic in here. since I want to order these asap, I figure what the hell.

which valves should I get? do I want oversized? its for a boosted B18A

PART#: F1815P (E) - DIAM. 28mm - REFERENCES: 30º Flo. Dish Head - Stock Size. Super Alloy

PART#: F1488P (E) - DIAM. 28.5mm - REFERENCES: 30º Flo. Dish Head - .5+mm oversize. Super Alloy

PART#: F1489P (E) - DIAM. 29mm - REFERENCES: 30º Flo. Dish Head - 1+mm oversize. Super Alloy

PART#: F1816P (I) - DIAM. 31mm - REFERENCES: 20º Super Flo. Dish Head - Stock size

PART#: F1490P (I) - DIAM. 31.5mm - REFERENCES: 20º Super Flo. Dish Head - .5+mm oversize

PART#: F1491P (I) - DIAM. 32mm - REFERENCES: 20º Super Flo. Dish Head - 1+mm oversize

·
Registered
93 Posts
hobie237 said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but oversized valves would do nothing without head work, right? could they damage anything? i think they would just do nothing...

correct, valve to piston action not good.. if the valve is too long

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
braIn_ceL said:
correct, valve to piston action not good.. if the valve is too long
LOL. When buying bigger valves you wouldnt get longer ones. just wider whice would allow more air into the engine but since honda engine are so small and they come with 4 valves per cyl anyway there is no reason to get bigger valves unless you have SERIOUS work done.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got off the phone with the people at inlinefour.com. they say that they will machine the head to fit oversized valves if I want. and they'll do it for the same price as the normal headwork. so, I might send my head to them when the time comes later this spring. but I probably will stick with the stock size valves

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Yeah I didn't knwo you were getting bronze valve guides etc. Go for the oversize for boost, but make sure someone not stupid does the machine work, because you have to first do the valveguide and then the valve seat and what not but the valve guide must be done first because absolutely everything centers off that valveguide and it must all be concentric.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to the people at Inline Four earlier. Im probably gonna have them do the headwork. p&p, 3 angle valve job, and put my new valvetrain in for $1000 plus shipping. that price includes new valve seats and the bronze guides. and he said if I decide to go with oversized valves they'll take care of the machine work for no extra charge.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but the valves are avail in +.5mm and +1mm

should I go with the +1mm? since Im gonna be boosting, I would assume I want as much in as possible and as much out as possible. right?

if you cant tell, valves are new to me :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts