Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a stock b20b/vtec in my 2000 SI. But I dont thinkim runnng optimal.
I dont wanna geta new ecu until i do some DIY tuning, what should my optimal specs be for these things:
Spark plugs ?
Spark plug gapping
Fuel pressure (I got a regulator in ma car and i dontknow wat its set to, but its defietly running rich) oh and i have prelude injectors ?
Ignition timing ?

I think thats it
I just wanna stop wasting fuel and be running optimal stock, stock internals in engine and car.
Just want ma fuel pressure, sparks, Air intake and timing to be at its best stock.
Want di car peppy just not wasting fuel, so stock settings or maybe i should say best settings for my setup of stock crvtec.
Thanx in advance for the help

P.s. my intake doesnt breathe in heavy on idle, why is this?
normally honda take heavy breathes (air )in on idle and mine doesnt, wat could bethe problem? I want that fixed asap please help with info ondat as well.
Remeber just want a stock engine to be runnign well thanx.

·
Registered
141 Posts
check under the hood they have a sticky that tell you the sp gap. and do a search for the fuel pressure. the forum will be glad to help just do a little leg work, and we will be glad to help with any questions your not sure on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it says 44 thousands suh thanks with that
anyone know why my air intake makes no sounds at all until I rev ??

my friend says thats strange cus Hondas breathe extremely loudly wen they idle, I feel like i'm missing out and I want some answers as to how to fixes dat
AEM CAI

and the ignition timing, I have no idea wats a good degree to set a stock b20 vtec (GSR HEAD) to. Help :confused

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
r1mshady said:
it says 44 thousands suh thanks with that
anyone know why my air intake makes no sounds at all until I rev ??

my friend says thats strange cus Hondas breathe extremely loudly wen they idle, I feel like i'm missing out and I want some answers as to how to fixes dat
AEM CAI

and the ignition timing, I have no idea wats a good degree to set a stock b20 vtec (GSR HEAD) to. Help :confused
Peppy without being Fuel rich or lean is the aim
Been wasting fuel and im pissed
thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.