Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own an Olypus Point and Shoot with a small zoom capability, I think its around 5MP. It takes good shots, but I think its time for an upgrade.

I want to get a DSLR, I cant decide between the Nikon D50 or the Canon Rebel XT. Ive read tons of reviews online, both seem to be great cameras.

One concern I have is the MP sizes of both, the Nikon is 6.1MP and the Canon is 8. I do want detailed pictures, but what about storage problems. 8MP pics might take up alot of room, and take alot of PC resources to edit?

I've also heard the Nikon has a better kit as well as a more comfortable grip.

Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I woud go with Nikon because I have a full Nikon setup. Nikon to me is more comftorable to shoot and they control lay out is much better for me. I also like the selection of Nikon glass. Pick what ever you are going to like its not just a one camer decision though. You will be living with the brand choice for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nikon for glass
Canon for body

I have a rebel xt and enjoy it very much. I don't often use all 8.1 mp cause I usually reduce them in size anyways. CF cards are getting cheaper all the time. I wouldn't worry storage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Picked up the Nikon D50 kit from Circuit City. I couldnt resist the no-interest financing til next year. I'm still a camera noob, so I'll get a decent pic or two up later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts