Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1995 integra gsr was having problems at idle. it would consistantly bounce from 1-3500 RPMs. even when in gear. My neighbor replaced the MAP sensor and now it is running like shit, it holds idle but its pooring fuel out faster then i can put it in. pure black smoke is coming out of that exhaust :(. and i also have a small oil leak now.. dont know if that has anything to do with this different sensor. but basically my cars undrivable.. and im scared im gonna saturate my piston rings with fuel... can someone help me? :bash

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
well your first problem with the fluctuating idle was your f.i.t.v. (fast idle throttle valve) is is malfunctioning and needs to be cleaned. do a serch on that on team integra, there is a write up on how to clean it. as for the rest of the problems, im not sure but try going back to your old map sensor, it isnt bad yet, and it might be the new one giving you the problems
-quikflip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.