Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright tonight i was out driving around in my 94 civic ex with a d15B swap and i deceided to get on it a little bit not that its fast but just 2 see what it could do so im in 1st gear and im taching up fine and when i hit 6 grand my car like cuts out like it has a rev limiter i have no idea what this could be i mean it might be my gauge cluster reading wrong but im not sure because i switched my gauge cluster out because the mph and my gas gauge were not working so i put one in out of my parts car which was an auto gauge cluster...does anybody know what this can be?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
the cluster wouldnt change your rev limiter, that is programmed into the ecu. Did it happen at exactly 6k? did it bounce like the rev limiter does? are you running the ecu that was in the car before or the d15b ecu?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
SOHCsleeper said:
no this just started happening today ive had the swap for months
my tach read wrong for a long time due to a bad igniter switch, so its possible u hit the limit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.