Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need Help!! Anyone good at giving some detailed instructions on adding some performance parts to a Honda Accord? Can't seem to get any pointers/help around here.

~frustrated

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well since your just starting out I would suggest the following.
1. Start off with an air intake. If it rains a lot where you live dont get a cold air intake get a short ram.
2. Purchase a Exhaust header. Now that your are taking in more air you need to send more air out of the engine.
3. Get a Catback exhaust. With all that air coming out of the engine it needs to go somewhere.
4. Alot of people stop here but there is much more you can get with out doing major work.
5. Consider Underdrive pullies or redoing the fuel system. New fuel filter, injectors, fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator.
6. Consider a Blaster Coil, new spark plug wires and plugs.
I hope that helps you out some.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Intake and exhaust sytem are bad investments. Save up for a forced-indution system (i.e. turbo, supercharge sytem). They provide power that you can really feel, not the 5-10hp shit that is available near the top end. Plus, the cops loves the noise of the intake and exhaust sytem!!! :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
turbo/ superchargers also cost about 2500 or more and the standard i/h/e/pulleys/fule stuff even all togother wouldnt cost more than 1k$ granted you wont get the same power as you would w/ turbo/supercharger but if you get the t/s you need the i/e to get more and bettr bost so start w/ the basics then save up for turbo

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well hmm yeah you could turbo or supercharger it. Well you couldnt supercharger it since they dont make one for the f engine. You could turbo it but your going to be spending a lot of money You are gonna need to rebuild the bottom end because I know no body is ever satisified with stock boost. Especially since he is juts getting started I dont think he needs to start out with a a turbo until hes "been" in the world for a while. All that I listed to him he is going to need to get for a turbo system anyway minus the header and intake. Oh yeah throw on a fuel pump and if you want the turbo to perform better add in a Intercooler. Yeah the power is great, but your gonna have a intake on it anyway how else is the engine going to get air. Plus with a turbo your going to need to get a aftermarket exhaust system. So next time provide more info for him.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Honda530 said:
Well hmm yeah you could turbo or supercharger it. Well you couldnt supercharger it since they dont make one for the f engine.
are you sure? I could have sworn they did.

and for Zorya... my advice is sell your accord and buy a faster car... if you after the most bang for your buck when it comes to performance parts and don't really care about looks, then the accord is the wrong car for you.

If you just want to waist your money and have a cool lookin/sounding accord then I'd go for the Intake, headers, and exhaust (I/H/E) package. If you are REALLY serious about having a fast accord, I think Greddy makes a bolt on turbo for the 5th and 6th gens. Its gonna be like 4gs though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
First of all, can you be a little more specific on what kind of performance you are looking for?

Do you want to drag race or road race?

If you're gonna drag race, then you need to invest mostly in engine/hp mods.

If you're gonna road race, then you will need a lot more suspension/braking mods and not as many engine/hp mods.

I think what some of the guys here are saying is partly true. If you are looking for a fast drag car, you're gonna get beat in an accord. The power to weight ratio just isn't there without spending a lot of money.

You can, however, be pretty competetive in road racing if you tune the suspension correctly.

Anybody disagree with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx guys

Well, mostly i'm thinking about street.. I've already gotten the cold air intake ... just needs to be attached.. :) Cheap is good though. minumum wage just doesnt take into consideration someone who wants to soup up their car. heh. Laugh! So basically, i can't afford the engine swap, no turbo.. i'm looking at some cheap alternatives. well cheaper... do you suggest , with the intake that i make sure i have the whole deal .. or add one piece at a time??? Also... some good ideas on some nifty body mods.. i need to get rid of those ugly black stock 90 bumpers.. Yikes!! I'm looking for lower drag.. something lite weight...

btw thanx guys you've given me a lot to think about...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nitelyfe said:

and for Zorya... my advice is sell your accord and buy a faster car... if you after the most bang for your buck when it comes to performance parts and don't really care about looks, then the accord is the wrong car for you.

If you just want to waist your money and have a cool lookin/sounding accord then I'd go for the Intake, headers, and exhaust (I/H/E) package. If you are REALLY serious about having a fast accord, I think Greddy makes a bolt on turbo for the 5th and 6th gens. Its gonna be like 4gs though.
Don't need much more then about $1000 worth of work around here to have a faster car then most... But hey, the price was cheap.. and it came in a time of need... soo, honda here i come.. I just want to make it look great, sound great.. I'm more interested in putting a system in my car.. music is better then a fast car anyday.. but i figured that while i was spending money on that i might as welll add a few more nifty things here and there. Heck, it's loud enough with the subs.. and with all that weight it's gonna slow me down anyway.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Zorya said:
Don't need much more then about $1000 worth of work around here to have a faster car then most...

music is better then a fast car anyday..
TRIPPIN ON THAT FIRST SENTENCE... I don't know what year accord you got but if you have a 4th or 5th gen and you only put a G into it (Besides NOS) every 6th gen in SHO will still smoke you... stock or not. So, the correct sentence would be-

Don't need much more than about $1000 worth of work around here to have a faster car than SOME

I'm not tryin to flame, its the truth.

Now, I agree with that second setence %1000. ICE is where its at... thats much more bang for your buck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nitelyfe said:
TRIPPIN ON THAT FIRST SENTENCE...
SOME somewhere else maybe.. but in this rinky dinky town.. doesn't take much for a stock honda to become a super honda. That's what i was getting at.. i think you just mis-understood.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Zorya said:
SOME somewhere else maybe.. but in this rinky dinky town.. doesn't take much for a stock honda to become a super honda. That's what i was getting at.. i think you just mis-understood.
Ok, yeah... I thought you ment 1g will get you faster than most in SHO not Oregon. My bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts