Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has me stumped. It is a 95 Accord EX 5 Speed :)
Inline 4 VTEC. Mods are DC Sports Ceramic Headers and AEM Short Ram, both are 15,000 miles old. Last week without warning she developed a slight stumble at a barely cracked throttle. It is most pronounced at 1750-2400 rpms. Thought Id look at the secondary, so I did and found it waorn (but I've seen worse) and replaced all normal tune up items with new wires as well as the vehilce has 217,000. It consumes no oil, and other than this developing miss. My gut says it may be a TPS going south or TB needs cleaning. Anyone have this issue before?

TIA

Bill

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
go buy some seafoam, pour a 3rd of it into a cup and slowly pour it into the brake booster vac line. keep it attatched to the manifold so it gets sucked in. after its all in, turn off the car and let it sit for about a half an hour. then start it up and rip. you should lay a rather large smoke screen up the road, and that should cure your problem. that shit does wonders. i just did it ot my 4th gen lude yesterday and couldbt believe the results. just make sure to pour it in realy slow. the idle will surge up and down because of the vacuum leak...pour it in when the idle goes up and stop when the idle is low. just keep doing that till the cup is gone.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
that is the vtec engagement point for the f22. remove the vtec solenoid and see if the screen between the solenoid and head is dirty. clean that out and it should run better.

·
Banned
61 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
that is the vtec engagement point for the f22. remove the vtec solenoid and see if the screen between the solenoid and head is dirty. clean that out and it should run better.
MY VTEC SOLONEIEND was brokend aswell i needed to replace the soloneid bcos my cars vtec was all in a fuddle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Culprit Is...

Thanks for the replies all. I decided to do some troubleshooting on this issue lat week. Disconnected the EGR vacuum line, plugged it and took a drive. Symptoms gone. :)
Took EGR off and cleaned out all passages and retested. Same stumble. So I removed the line and plugged it again. Drives like a champ. Check engine light comes on once in a while (once a day) and goes away on restart. MPG is unaffected... still at 30.

This EGR is odd. It has a vacuum line and an electrical hookup.

I'd like to check that solenoid too. Where is that item located?

TIA

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.