Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new here to the forums...i was wondering if any of you guys can direct me the right path as to what i am suppose to do...here's the situation

i have a 96 Accord DX Auto with Cold Air Intake....now i have 2 options:

A. i was either thinking about tuning my stock engine and adding a turbo charger OR

B. just swapping out with an H22 engine of course and go from there

now i have decided that i am definately converting to Manual (a no brainer)

i would like an explaination for both case scenerios....i'm still debating on either 2.....also..give me reasons why you would choose one method over the other.....what must i do if i wanted to stick with my stock engine and if i were to perform and engine swap......appreciate the help guys.... :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Vinnyman said:
i'm new here to the forums...i was wondering if any of you guys can direct me the right path as to what i am suppose to do...here's the situation

i have a 96 Accord DX Auto with Cold Air Intake....now i have 2 options:

A. i was either thinking about tuning my stock engine and adding a turbo charger OR

B. just swapping out with an H22 engine of course and go from there

now i have decided that i am definately converting to Manual (a no brainer)

i would like an explaination for both case scenerios....i'm still debating on either 2.....also..give me reasons why you would choose one method over the other.....what must i do if i wanted to stick with my stock engine and if i were to perform and engine swap......appreciate the help guys.... :)
A. There is NOTHING to tune; its a DX. Get over it. If you wanted to go turbo; ....... You need to understand how turbo works, what comprises a turbo setup and how much effort it takes to get it running right. Any idiot can slap a turbo on and think they are god; it takes lots of reading and study to think about turbo. I suggest you read the stickies at the top of the forum, search this site for information regarding engine swaps and turbo systems and tuning before making threads like this.

B. This woiuld be the most viable option for you because if you are doing the AT to MT swap then you might as well do the engine at the same time. This would yield the least amount of mess ups and again you would need to read a lot on this site to understand what you are doing too. Dx is great if you want a budget car with nothing on it, beyond that, its almost better to sell that car off and buy a better car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSM_Pikachu said:
A. There is NOTHING to tune; its a DX. Get over it. If you wanted to go turbo; ....... You need to understand how turbo works, what comprises a turbo setup and how much effort it takes to get it running right. Any idiot can slap a turbo on and think they are god; it takes lots of reading and study to think about turbo. I suggest you read the stickies at the top of the forum, search this site for information regarding engine swaps and turbo systems and tuning before making threads like this.

B. This woiuld be the most viable option for you because if you are doing the AT to MT swap then you might as well do the engine at the same time. This would yield the least amount of mess ups and again you would need to read a lot on this site to understand what you are doing too. Dx is great if you want a budget car with nothing on it, beyond that, its almost better to sell that car off and buy a better car.
option B does sound good...i wanted to make certain and verify my options...i HAVE done my research...but thanks for the info...appreciate that...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
i have a 96 SOHC vtec f22b1 enginr in my accord and i plan on putting a jackson racing supercharger. everyone does H22 swaps or turbos. i am doing something a littl edifferent. vtec supercharger. something u dont see everyday.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i have a 96 SOHC vtec f22b1 enginr in my accord and i plan on putting a jackson racing supercharger. everyone does H22 swaps or turbos. i am doing something a littl edifferent. vtec supercharger. something u dont see everyday.
lol there's a reason no accords get supercharged...you'll find out why if you attempt doing it =)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
HyperFlow02 said:
Often it helps to find out if Jackson racing EVEN MAKES a supercharger for the Accord..........in which they do not..............but nice try at bullshit. :rolleyes

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
there is absolutely zero room to put a belt driven jrsc into an accord.

however, there are supercharger alternatives:

Electric SuperCharger Article

i have no idea on if it actually does work though

edit: oh yeah, NOT to be confused w/ E-Ram intakes :rolleyes

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update....i decided that i am going to sell off my 96 DX Accord and get a 95 Accord LX Manual Tranny....so that eliminates the conversion and body work (both cars have the same milage but the 95 needs no body work as oppose to the 96 that has several dents and scratches...so that's also a plus)....so i guess i'm ready to go.... :clap :evil

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
good move. before i finished reading this post i was gonna say sell the auto and get a manual since its still stock. that was a huge mistake i did. i hooked up the car and then the auto blew and spent a week or so of my blood, sweat, and cash to convert it to manual.

boosting the f22 is not a bad option either. low compression, strong block, 10psi tuned daily shouldnt be hard to accomplish.

tsm... ive read quite a few threads of you bashing DX/LX/SE and talking highly of your EX, when the the EX motor you have is not much better then an f22b2. same compression, same bore, same stroke, in an essence they have exactly the same block. not having pussy sohc vtec with boost is not a problem. no, i am not biased i myself own an EX.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bonestock94 said:
good move. before i finished reading this post i was gonna say sell the auto and get a manual since its still stock. that was a huge mistake i did. i hooked up the car and then the auto blew and spent a week or so of my blood, sweat, and cash to convert it to manual.

boosting the f22 is not a bad option either. low compression, strong block, 10psi tuned daily shouldnt be hard to accomplish.

tsm... ive read quite a few threads of you bashing DX/LX/SE and talking highly of your EX, when the the EX motor you have is not much better then an f22b2. same compression, same bore, same stroke, in an essence they have exactly the same block. not having pussy sohc vtec with boost is not a problem. no, i am not biased i myself own an EX.
i was also under the impession that the f22b motor found in a DX is not too far behind that found in an EX model....but whatever...like i said, i have done my research, and like i usually say, either donate to the cause or stfu.
:D

thanks for the heads up bonestock....appreciate that very much.....i'll keep you guys posted.... :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
bonestock94 said:

buhahahaaha ...........first off everyone with teh DX always wants power windows, locks, etc.......so if they wanted all that then they should have spent more cash on the car in the first place.
Second peeps with lx always want more power but dont wanna spend a ton of cash yet they go out and get i/h/e for either $1000 or more and then wonder why they get owned by a better stock car lol..
Se is nice for a couple things but beyond the rims and shit, its not very special at all, i looked at it for aboiut 4 months and moved on.
So yes the EX is actually better cuz I used to own a LX auto and then I have also had a dx as well so yes the ex is much better. SOHC vtec with boost is coo but dohc with boost is much nicer because i had a brother that did a h22 with turbo and tune and it laid shit down quite nicely at 12lbs. Sooooooo the vtec motor will own the lx/dx/se even if they had some mods and so yes i will bag on those who try sooo darned not so hard to fix it up. Ohhh hby the way im only keeping this motor right now cuz the funds are not avail and as soon as they are.........guess wut? its either a h22 with mild build on it or a h23 dohc vtec swap so yea....the shit talker is actually in process of ooing something as well but for now i enjoy my ability to make fun of those who cheaped out while still being able to fill up about 1 or 2 times a week. hahahahhaahhaahha

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
EX added power + added weight.

if people plan on doing swaps and turbos i think they dont mind not having power windows and alloy rims.

LX and EX 5spds will run really close times at the track mod for mod. within 1-2 tenths.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
bonestock94 said:
EX added power + added weight.

if people plan on doing swaps and turbos i think they dont mind not having power windows and alloy rims.

LX and EX 5spds will run really close times at the track mod for mod. within 1-2 tenths.

I will take my added weight because it keeps things more comfy, its less mods I have to do, and it had more to begin with.
Not everyone runs a stripped interior, or needs blinding ass speeds.
I have been in stripped cars that run quick, I have been in quick cars that have full interiors, I use this as a daily driver so yes I will talk it up, because even with full interior and with a system I can still talk shit on LX and shit even other EX's........most of the time it is because it is auto, sometimes it is cuz the other person just simply cant drive and most of the time but for now, I say LX/DX/SE are slow because every single one I have seen, run, or person I have talked to.........its the same shit..............slow....or if they do keep up, its not by much.
I have also been told by LX/dx/se/and a few ex drivers that my car is fairly quick and decent and I have also been told that by a couple of civic guys around the area. Now this doesnt mean its like god but it can hold its own for a good amt of time considering the size of the pig........i also have many lx/dx owners tell me how much they hate their car because of the things that DIDNT come on their car.........like the power this or that...or disc.....or abs

*EDIT*
I feel that if you need to buy a stripped down car, and put all this stuff in the engine jus to make it the fastest cat on the road.................you might as well have bought a faster car to begin with.
There is little to no point to buying a civic hatch or a base line accord, stripping it to shit, fixing it up, swapping and turboing the beast to get it all fast..................and then for what........um, you cant do much else except go fast, and for daily driver its almost uncomfy and such..........true some peeps dont care about comfort but if you really wanted such a hardended race car, should have bought something else....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts