Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok kids, I already have the body and wheels taken care of. I won't get enough for a swap, but I expect about $600-$800. Everything except the body is stock save for a Brullen cat-back and a carbon c pillar bar. Need opinions on suspension, brakes, interior, other.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kommon_sense said:
i say suspension... a car that handles well is fun to drive, even if it is slow...

But what setup? Omnipower full's?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
by looking at those spring rates i think the rears are way to soft, and the difference between the fronts and rears is way too much.
it will probably make your civic even more understeer happy.
stick with a set of h&r sports and some good shocks/struts (koni yellows, bilsteinHD, tokico illuminas) and you'll be better off.

:: Spring Rate Front: 7/392 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)
:: Spring Rate Rear: 3/168 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
by looking at those spring rates i think the rears are way to soft, and the difference between the fronts and rears is way too much.
it will probably make your civic even more understeer happy.
stick with a set of h&r sports and some good shocks/struts (koni yellows, bilsteinHD, tokico illuminas) and you'll be better off.

:: Spring Rate Front: 7/392 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)
:: Spring Rate Rear: 3/168 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)

I dunno, awful lot of people happy with the omni's. Did I mention that Steve (Omni man, owner of Omnipower) Used to work for skunk 2 and developed most of the parts they now sell? I would think he put enough research into it to know what would work good. But seriously, I don't know much when it comes to spring rates and lbs/in. That is one facet of the automotive world i am not versed in. Maybe you could explain it a little to me? It''d prolly take alot of time, but I was just curious. Got any links? Thanks for the input.

BTW: What is so great about the H&R's? I like them, but know little about them as well. I was looking into the H&R cup kit, but can't seem to find them for my Civic.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
those TEIN coilovers are a sweet deal! Free Shipping!!

This thread makes me wanna burn my tax return on my suspension

1 - 11 of 11 Posts