Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow accord owners. I was wondering if any of you had to remove the bumper reinforcement when you installed the a front bumper body kit? I've heard from others that on some kits you need to do this, but I was just wondering what you guys did? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if you get into an accident, the inspector for the insurance company is gonna look for that reinforcement (if you're still alive)....if they don't find it, you don't get money....that's comming from my friend's dad who is an insurance agent...maybe it's just his company, maybe it's all of them...but i took mine off cuz i was too lazy to trim it. if you have a grinder, go ahead and trim off the sides...it should fit afterwards.

· Registered
35 Posts
some bumpers require you to remove the re-enforcement, mine did not. i just had to trim the edges and it fit fine. we did a street-weapon drift bumper on a cougar and it required the bar to be removed. be weary of any bumper you see that looks like it has a flatter, thinner looking slope on the nose, those probably will require you to yank it out.

gug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.