Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the racing world and would like to know what intercooler would be the best for my JR supercharger.i have a 99 civic si.If you guys have any other suggestions to make my car get up and go please let me know.I have another $3000 to ivest into this car. Thank you for your help in advance.

·
Registered
471 Posts
yeah a supercharger dosen't use a IC (like the one seen on most turbo's). i don't know what a SC uses or if it uses's anything. A stock 99 si has a b16a usdm spec motor right?, and should have pretty good HP stock. $3000 is a lot to work with, but it depends, like if u want go or show. They both can be expensive or dirt cheap depend how u do things. Like a hi flow cat and muffler, instead of a cat back sys. An Exhaust would a start if you like that, but a b16a SC should be awesome with internals and a basic I/H/E sys. But you can always get internals like cam, head work, better FMU (fuel management).

·
Registered
139 Posts
troy143 said:
I am new to the racing world and would like to know what intercooler would be the best for my JR supercharger.i have a 99 civic si.If you guys have any other suggestions to make my car get up and go please let me know.I have another $3000 to ivest into this car. Thank you for your help in advance.
The JRSC is an EATON type S/C therefore will not allow the use of ANY I/C... If you are looking at 'cooling' the charge temp.. look into the water injection from JR.

If you had a centrifical S/C such as the Vortex unit.. you would be able to use an air to water after cooler to help cool the charge air. The Vortex unit utilizes a compressor similar to a turbo so you can use a BOV as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts