Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bh

Got a number of problems with my civic.

I've noticed in the last coupe of weeks, when I start the car in the morning, each time I dip the clutch to change gear it makes a squeaking noise.

What should I do?

Also moving off from a stationary point in the morning the car would start shaking violently.

Any ideas!!! :wow

·
Registered
519 Posts
First, if you could tell us what year and trim leval. It would help us understand your car a little more.

A squeaky clutch isn't thaaat bad. Better yet more annoying than anything. Is the noise coming from the inside or outside of the vehicle? Either or, it could be a joint that could need to be lubed, or somthing along that line. This would also be a good time to inspect your clutch cable, for ware.

The violent shaking could be a couple of things. Are you letting your car warm up, for a few? How cold is it in your area? How many miles on the clutch? Have you checked the resivour, for the clutch master cylinder?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but that info would let myself, and others here in SHO, be able to help you.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
02EXSILVER said:
First, if you could tell us what year and trim leval. It would help us understand your car a little more.

A squeaky clutch isn't thaaat bad. Better yet more annoying than anything. Is the noise coming from the inside or outside of the vehicle? Either or, it could be a joint that could need to be lubed, or somthing along that line. This would also be a good time to inspect your clutch cable, for ware.

The violent shaking could be a couple of things. Are you letting your car warm up, for a few? How cold is it in your area? How many miles on the clutch? Have you checked the resivour, for the clutch master cylinder?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but that info would let myself, and others here in SHO, be able to help you.
i concur... more info please

·
Registered
519 Posts
You are probably experiancing whats known/called "Cold clutch judder/chatter" Have you ever had your clutch replaced? If so how many miles are on the new one?, And, when they replaced the clutch did they replace the flywheel, or just re-surface it? These are important things to know. If they just re-surfaced the flywheel, you are more likely to experiance the chattering. Also, if they used "cheeper"/ lower quality parts. If it is an original clutch, my best sugestion is to have it replaced. Like I said about the cable too, now would be the time to inspect it. There could even be an adjustment, to you cable to fix this. More than likely not, but it's worth a look. Also check your fluid in the master cylinder. If it's dirty, hazy, or thick, flush the system. I hope everything works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.