Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey all, i've looked at the maintance page, and the link to help on the belt change doesn't work, i'm just looking for some advice.

1) i can't find the "flywheel inpection cover" so i can't undo the pully to get the damn belt off.

2) When camshaft is lined up, with the mark at the bottom lined up with the mark on the back part of the cover, the lower pully is half way inbetween the 2 marks on it. There is 1 knotch and then about a 1.5 cm gap and then 3 knotches next to each other. They look like there all meant to be there.
The car ran/runs fine, just wondering if the person before me did a silly and is a tooth out ??

I can take pics if this helps ??

Thanks guys

James

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
do post pictures please. they will help.

and in the case that your car is an auto, i doubt youd find a flywheel inspection cover anywhere.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pics

Ok i have pics of the camwheel thingy and the lower pully,

Tis manuel, and still can't find this flywheel inpection cover, what shall i do to stop the engine turning as i try to undo the lower pully ?

Shall i take the starter motor out and wedge a screw driver in the flywheel that way ?

There is also the word "top" at 0 degcress on the camwheel thingy, and two lines 90 degress off from up and 240 degress. but the two lines line up on the head.

the manuel says to line the bottom arrow up on one engine, and then the other engine it says line the two lines up with the head, but neither off these are my enigne code, the closest one is the d15 z1 (or some tihng).

Thanks guys

James

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Your cam gear is lined up correctly if the 2 marks are level with the head. Also those 3 marks to the left of the center mark on the crank pulley are for timing adjustments. Everything so far is the way it should be.

The flywheel inspection cover is located under the engine on the passenger side just to the side of the exhaust downpipe. Its a black cover on the transmission.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:clap
Thats what i like to hear !!

Thanks guys, ur :number1

now just gotta find my mate to hold the screwdriver in there while i crack off the pully bolt.
Wheres he gone now..........

James

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
ok good way to spot the flywheel cover, go under the car and use the oil drain plug as a point of referance. from there look to the right and its RIGHT there, some bolts will be holding the shield in place. to get the shield of you will need to remove the bottom half of you exhaust manifold.

to brake the bolt loose I had a 3ft braker bar and I HUNK off the car jumping up and down on it and it went off like butter lol.

i just finished doing this this morning so I know where it is VERY well. right where the oilpan stops is where the shield is, jam a big screwdriver in there and youll be all set man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.