Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the Battlefield 2 Demo and when it was done I went to go play it. When I double-click the icon the screen goes blank (like every other game I play on my PC) and I hear a clicking sound like relays in the monitor(which is normal). But about 1-2 seconds later I hear the clicking again and the desktop comes back up. I tried installing older video drivers and I even tried lowering my resolution (from 1280x1024 down to 800x600) and I get the same results. What can I do to get this game to work?

PC specs are:
Intel P4 1.7GHz
Nvidia Ti 4600 GeForce4 128MB
512 SDRam
19" Viewsonic "PerfectFlat A95f" monitor

Please help.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
aakrusen said:
So I installed the Battlefield 2 Demo and when it was done I went to go play it. When I double-click the icon the screen goes blank (like every other game I play on my PC) and I hear a clicking sound like relays in the monitor(which is normal). But about 1-2 seconds later I hear the clicking again and the desktop comes back up. I tried installing older video drivers and I even tried lowering my resolution (from 1280x1024 down to 800x600) and I get the same results. What can I do to get this game to work?

PC specs are:
Intel P4 1.7GHz
Nvidia Ti 4600 GeForce4 128MB
512 SDRam
19" Viewsonic "PerfectFlat A95f" monitor

Please help.

Sounds like an issue with your video card. The video cards listed in the BF2 site are the only ones supported unless you have an uber new card. Is your card on the list? They are very strict for some reason with that game.

·
Registered
388 Posts
tegra90LS said:
Sounds like an issue with your video card. The video cards listed in the BF2 site are the only ones supported unless you have an uber new card. Is your card on the list? They are very strict for some reason with that game.
yea, EA tends to be kind of lazy about hardware compatibility. at the very least get the very NEWEST drivers and give that a try. the chipset itself might be screwing with you, so you may need a different video card, but hopefully that's not the case.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
integraboss15 said:
The requirements of your computer dont even meet the minimum for battlefield. Battlefield requires alot to play.
I looked at the "read me" file that came with the demo and it said it required a minimum of a 1.7 P4 or better, yet my friend has a 1.4 and he's playing the game. It also said I needed 1gig of ram which I don't have but I don't think that is what is causing the issue.

I have to agree that the video card is not cutting it. The card I have was top of the line 3 years ago but since then they have come out with way better cards.

Maybe this will be enough of an excuse for the wife to let me get a new computer :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts