Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson Racing or similar supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try and keep this short. I am thinking of a turbo or supercharger for my 1994 Integra GS-R. One problem is that it has nearly 111,000 miles on it, and I don't know if boosting my 'teg is a wise decision with this higher mileage. A few people have said to have the compression checked, others to have the cylinders rehoned. Basically I am wondering what I would need to do to be able to boost my 'teg. How much would you guess it to cost (whatever would need to be done)? Would you reommend a turbo or a supercharger? If a turbo, how much horsepower or psi of boost can I get away with on stock internals? Any suggestions, or ideas?
Thanks
Tim
PS - Any other engine mods necessary for the turbo (ie: intercooler, better fuel pump/system, injectors, etc.)?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
make sure you do a compression test and have all the regular maintence up to date. Timing belt, valves adjusted, fuel filter...
Its more personal prefernce on what to go with. It is a lot of work to research and piece together a kit, but its usually cheaper and better quailty.
You can probably take it up to 8 psi if you get a fuel management system. I have a hondata, fuel pump, and Injectors. that way you dont have to use a fmu. You may not need the fuel pump but they only go for around a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
my ls had 123,000 on it when i turboed it. I owned it since 50k so its never been driven hard since then. Im boosting 9 psi with stock pump no injectors, with an fmu.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
oh yeah...like acuradriva said as long as your up on your regular maint. and your compression numbers are good you sould have no prob....be sure to check gaskets/seals too!
as for the turbo i personally tend to stay away from ebay when it comes to expensive car parts, seen/heard too many sad storys and lost $$$...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts