Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
what kind of a gauge? is it new or used? how did you hook it up?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its one of those SPW black x7 color gauges...i hooked up the vac to the fuel pressure vac lines...it also had a vac line running to the internal wastegate...could that be the cause of the problem?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
2slow2go said:
...i hooked up the vac to the fuel pressure vac lines...it also had a vac line running to the internal wastegate...could that be the cause of the problem?
This may be your problem, try hooking it up to a vacuum in the manifold itself. Why do you have a vac going to the wastegate?
Also you're testing boost while under load or while the car is just sitting?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ok but try to run the vac from the gauge to the manifold only, ahh its raining outside otherwise I would show you how mine is hooked up, I'll take pics tomorrow. Also when testing for boost your car has to be under load meaning you have to go out and drive it...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im thinking its because of the wastegate vac that was T'eed into the fuel pressure vac. i tried the vacumm source right behind the fuel pressure vac source and the boost gauge still read 50 hg? im running out of ideas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey dude.. could it be that you might have a vac leak somewhere. i have a 98 civic hatch with b16a2 motor with a revhard turbo setup. i know that vac leak well do that to your gauge if its leak somewhere. also wastegate vac needs to go to the turbo not to your gauge.. one more thing is that do you have ( map diffuser ) if not then your ecu well go into a limp mod.

"When Honda MAP Sensor see boost they trigger 'limp' mode in the computer causing a check engine light to come on. Our MAP diffuser will safely block the MAP sensor from seeing boost but allowing the MAP sensor to still see vacuum." http://www.revhard.com/misc/mapdiffuser.asp

let me know how thing go's

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when the car is turned off, the gauges reads 0 again...imma try to tee it into the BOV line and see what happens.

anyone have why one the GREDDy kit there is a blue vacuum line running from the wastegate to the fuel pressure regulator? maybe that's why it keeps triggering my barometer pressure sensor code?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ok here's what I'm talking about the vac to the gauge coming from the manifold:
BTW this is an AEBS typhoon manifold...

... hook the line from the gauge directly to the manifold, I don't understand why you would need a vac to the wastegate or the BOV :confused

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im still confused over why my wastegate is t'eed into the fuel pressure regulator....

and i think its my boost gauge that is defected because i hooked up my friends boost gauge to my car and it was fine....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i guess it was my boost gauge that was messed up. I switched it out for an autometer gauge and it worked fine. Boost reading is right at where it is suppose to be. Instead of using a T connection i had to do a 4-way connection. One is for the wastegate, one for manifold, one for fuel pressure regulator, and one going to the boost gauge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.