Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an image that has a black background... i need to remove the black and leave it transparent is there any way to do this without zooming in heavily and going pixel by pixe??? NOTE the edges of the image have a lense flared fade effect so i cant poly lasso it

·
Registered
417 Posts
you could also feather your magic wand selection with a 3 pixel feather, that'll get rid of some of the black and leave smoother edges.

edit: better yet, go to select.... color range.... and from the drop down menu, select shadows. this will select the "people" in the picture too so you'll have to deselect them yourself... then feather with a setting of 3 and edit...cut then save as .gif.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KnightRyderV said:
you could also feather your magic wand selection with a 3 pixel feather, that'll get rid of some of the black and leave smoother edges.

edit: better yet, go to select.... color range.... and from the drop down menu, select shadows. this will select the "people" in the picture too so you'll have to deselect them yourself... then feather with a setting of 3 and edit...cut then save as .gif.
thanks ppl for the help i knew it was a simple job but i had a mind freeze!!!!! sorry it took so long to reply i totally forgot about the post :bh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts