Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wsup everyone.. I'm glad to see that superhonda is back up. Anyways, I've just recently got the urge to do a swap into my civic coupe and wanted to know of all the good shops around Southern California. I've been trying to do searches on google and yahoo but couldn't come up with anything. So please list their name, what city, links, your experiences, reputation, and all that other junk. I would appreciate any info you can give.. thanks

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Hook ups import tek (909)373-RACE(7223)
they are in upland on 11th street..i have the full address if you want it..their web site is www.hookupsimporttek.com they did my sawp and have done countless others....good reputation and great work...I highly recommend them and wouldnt go anywhere else!..they can do any swap for you from zc's and ls's to h22's and frankenstein motors

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the valley would be nice.... but all around LA is fine. The only place around the valley that does swaps that I know of is Dynamic Design in Canoga. But I think they're more into Turbo (Rev-Hard). I just want a place that has extensive knowledge of swaps and motor work because I don't want to just put in a stock engine without any work done. That's why I would like to hear everyone's experiences. My friend told me there was this place in Westminster that does a pretty good job..fogot the name though... "Pro"...something..

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
If you want a swap done right by a shop that knows their Sh*t go to hook-ups...after your swap if you want they wil put anything in that you want...They have the spoon and mugen ecu programs also

· Registered
284 Posts
Unfortunately I live in Jersey, but heard many good things about Import Builders in Fullerton. Jeff the owner knows his shit.. Nice guy too. Check them out. If I had the money I would have him build me a CRV/VTEC. Good luck.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
hey circuitsports you need to learn what your talking about..I've built two cars through hook ups and cnc and I've never had a problem....and I know a lot more people that have gone through them and would say the same thing...as far as hook-ups having stolen motors you need to think again...I know where they get their motors from and they arnt stolen...Rage is the one who screws people...ive never dealt with swap shop so I dont know about them...Ive never had a motor leak, or run like shit...so get your facts straight homie

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
well you need to update your info...because rage is prettymuch gone...cnc has expanded and they are working exclusivly with hook ups and there are talks of them opening a joint shop. Secondly I have not heard one person other then you, have any complaints about hook ups...I have heard a couple complaints about cnc just because they dont like clayton but not everyones gunna like the guy...and if circuit sports is so badass why havent I ever heard of them until now? as far as all the swaps I have ever seen done by hook ups...no leaksn no problems....soundls like an isolated case to me...and a b16 in an integra isnt gunna pull worth dick anyway becasue the car weighs too much for that motor to pull

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
well like you said I could write pages of crap too but it doesnt matter and its not going to chnge either one of our minds...I probally couldnt find someone who has heard of circuitsports but once again it doesnt matter....and it wasnt shitty work that caused his car to catch fire....the clip that holds the fuel return line on the bottem of the regulator didnt hold so fuel leaked on the alternator....could say operator error or too old of a clip...doesnt matter at this point. as far as the gun thing..I dunno because I have never heard about it...so its no big deal to me...I've never had problems with either shop and havent heard any problems from anyone except you so Im gunna continue going there and will continue sebnding people there....so to each his own

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.