Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Their should be a switch on the clutch pedal, and that switch is like a circuit when clutch is disengaged the circuit is cut. Now when the pedal is pushed in the circuit is completed,then your car will start.

For a 1994 honda civic:
So first off remove the trim panel below the steering wheel and see if you can see the switch. The brace may have to be removed to not to sure about that. Now when you remove enough stuff to see the clutch pedal you should solder the two wires together, but you could just use a butt connector. Now make sure that you have everything secure in the connection. Now tuck everything away and make sure it won't mess with your clutch pedal. Remember that your feet will be close to here to so your feet could hit the wire and disconnect what you have already done.Not 100% sure this is how you do it.

I am not to be held responsible for any mods done to your car.[/COLOR

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
is the wire really yellow?? i thought they only used that for airbag deployment, either way there should be a micro switch on either the bottom of the pedal or the arm of the pedal........ easiest way just cut the wires and tie them together to bypass the switch, and leave any wires in a yellow sheath alone otherwise you might catch an airbag and whatever is in front of the airbag in the face ;)

EDIT : it looks like most ppl responding arent US based if yuo need more help let me know

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do not cut the yellow wire, It is for the airbag and if you cut the wire it will deploy the airbag. I was trying to make the writing yellow not trying to tell anyone that the yellow wire was the one to cut. sorry. I will try to get you a pic later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
just wondering: Why do U want to start UR car that way? That's how my car starts now.(auto-5 speed conversion)mine wasn't wired in just to keep it simple.But u do have to take the clutch pedal switch out(the wires) and connect the 2 (wires)together(butt connectors,solder,etc.)if u like u can zip tie 'em so they won't dangle onto UR foot.

·
Registered
265 Posts
just a susgestion

run the wire to a hidden swich so you can turn the clutch swich off any time you park the car.

trust me one day this little mod may keep your car from getting stolen. also back track the wires alittle so if a car theif looks for them they are no where to be found.

i hid mine under the drivers seat most of the time i leave it on, but if i go to the mall or the city i turn it off.
with the swich turned off there is no way to start the car.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
RoadRageMotors said:
just a susgestion

run the wire to a hidden swich so you can turn the clutch swich off any time you park the car.

trust me one day this little mod may keep your car from getting stolen. also back track the wires alittle so if a car theif looks for them they are no where to be found.

i hid mine under the drivers seat most of the time i leave it on, but if i go to the mall or the city i turn it off.
with the swich turned off there is no way to start the car.
could u explain a little more on this? i like the idea. never heard of it.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
kinda like a light switch right? you flick it on and you can start the car becuase the circut is complete. like a light coming on, but if its switched off then theres no way to turn it on.

thats the best idea ive ever heard

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's called the neutral clutch saftey switch. It's there so your car doesn't start taking off on it's own when you start the car because you left it in gear. Basically what RoadRageMotors is saying is that you can re-rout the clutch saftey switch to be used as a kill switch on the car instead of tapping into the ignition circuit (much more convient). All you have to do is locate the neutral clutch saftey switch behind your clutch pedal, remove the factory honda "switch", extend the wires to a hidden place and install a "flip switch" between the wires that were originally running to the factory clutch switch, this way you can disable your starter (which is basically what the NCSS does) so thieves can't jack you shit. RoadRageMotors that is one of the most simple yet genius things I have ever come across! Props to you! :clap

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
i have to agree with everybody else, this is pretty cool. here's what i want to do - make a switch so that it needs to be engaged and the clutch needs to be pressed, it sounds like a more complicated way of starting the car, but from a security standpoint, i think it will add something. basically if you leave the switch on all the time, the car works like it always had, but if i decide i need a little extra security, when i leave my car i can flip the switch, and then even with the clutch pressed it wont start.

question though: does this wire do anything else, other than keep the car from starting without pressing the clutch?

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
it cuts the starter circuit, the starter alone will not work, can still be bump started, if you wanna kill it totally you need to cut the fuel pump, or the injectors, or ignition, easiest way is to kill the pump with a switch but thiefs know this too, so id kill the injectors, not many know how to do this, plus if coupled with the other mentioned tequniques, it will totally piss a thief off and they will leave your car and move on

·
Registered
701 Posts
Anomoly said:
it will totally piss a thief off and they will leave your car and move on

then instead of a stolen car.. u will have a smashed up car.... still better then not having a car.. either way my insurance doesnt cover it if anything happens to my car.. i just have liability.. and yesterday i was lucky enough to have my remote for my alarm crap out.. so i had to disconect the alarm.. untill i unhooked the batery everyone around thought i was trying toi steal my own car.. cant even just buy a new remote either.. cuz the alarm is like 10yrs old. time ot start saving for a new one

·
Registered
113 Posts
just a suggestion why not just cut one of the wires extended to a switch so that way you still have : Security from someone that can start the car while still in gear and running over something or someone ,and when u go to the mall flick the hiden switch and no way to start the car without the switch.and than you can run another switch between both wires and you can still start the car without pressing the clutch .....get it ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.