Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unsure one how to call it, the stick or the part of the transmission that i hold and have control over stated comming loose yesterday. i can roate it about 90 or so degrees in each direction and it feels like the whole part is moving not just the knob. Any help or ideas whould be greatly apprecated.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
check and see if it IS the entire thing moving or if its just the knob.

even if a linkage is broken you wont be able to rotate that stick.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
newprelude said:
i checked it out close and i actualy belive that it is just the knob. thanksfor the help, is that something that is easy to tighten?
turn it the other way...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Just keep tightening to the right till it torques down. Actually, is this a stock shift knob, or is it aftermarket? You may have one of those cheap ass knobs that tighten down with the 3 allen screws. :confused

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
MacTown said:
Just keep tightening to the right till it torques down. Actually, is this a stock shift knob, or is it aftermarket? You may have one of those cheap ass knobs that tighten down with the 3 allen screws. :confused
momo knobs tighten with 3 screws yet they are expensive :fear i think all universal knobs are the smae way...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.