Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought a 95 Del Sol Si from a friend...i trusted him when he said the title was clean...three days later isaid wat the hell and checked the carfax...REBUIT!!! i was so mad...i checked out the front end...its pretty messed up...apparently two owners before me a guy got into a wreck and rebuilt it himself...luckily only a little 6 inch part of the frame had a little buckle but its stilll got other body issues...ill post pics tomorrow...i just want to know what i should buy...or how to fix and adjust the existing parts...and what it would cost for them to be fixed proffessionally i know u cant do much without pics...ill post them tomorrow...oh and there really isnt anything wrong mechanically...that I know of :fear

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol ya...really i think he didnt even know he wouldnt do that to me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he only drove the car for 2500 mi. and didnt do anything to it really...he knew there was a problem he just didnt know it was a rebuilt title

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are some pics...i was wondering what you guys think and how i could adjust the hood so it is flush...i will eventually get a new hood, fenders, and front bumper....anyone have any of those to spare btw? lol thanks for all input

bad hood alignment

just an engine pic...anything missing or wrong?

inner fender well...passenger side

weld in engine bay

engine bay on passengerside, near strut tower.

PS i also found out today that the airbags deployed in the wreck...it seems every good thing i find out about this car i find something bad :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
the only thing i see missing is some aluminum header cover...I have one on my car, but dont see it on yours, no biggie though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really dont know lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no one?

im gonna buy a new hood proly next week...oem with latch for around 156 with discount..i got connections;)

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Btung423 said:
the only thing i see missing is some aluminum header cover...I have one on my car, but dont see it on yours, no biggie though
that thing and the ac fan/compressor right next to the cooling fan is gone. unless your car didnt come with ac. it just looked like mine when i was doin the turbo install we removed ac and i was like damn..thats a shitload of extra room/

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Are you sure it's the hood that needs replacing? It looks like it just isn't closing all the way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive adjusted the latch but u have to slam the the hood down hard to latch right and u can tell the guy used the same hood and fixed it...the bump stop on the right side is all the way up and on the left its all the way down...the right side of the hood is still lower. any ideas on how to adjust it better? i want a new hood anyway its got a lot of dents

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i noticed the ac fan was missing too...and its got 2.5inch piping. maybe turboed at one time? i ono and thats weird cause my heater and ac still work

·
Registered
406 Posts
i noticed today that my hood was slightly crooked/warped just like
yours, anyone have an idea how to flatten it out? the left side of
it sits slightly higher and to the side then the other one...thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
95SOLSI said:
ac still works
Hmm, i find that hard to believe, your ac compressor, ac lines, condensor fan and ac condensor are gone as far as the pics show. Maybe the blower motor still works, but not any form of cooling going on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya i checked it...it blows out air...i thought it was cold air cause it was colder than the heater lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts