Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 Prelude 2.0Si with the B20A5 in it, currently locked up. I'm having a hard time getting my hands on a decent motor. Can I use another engine instead? Like out of an Accord or Civic. I've never driven this car so a loss in power wouldn't be noticed. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
sorry for the late response.....but you can fit the b-series VTEC motors in 3gen accords, so i don't see why it would be a problem in 3gen preludes :tu goodluck :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I can't wait to get this cool little car going, it looks like it will be fun to drive. So you are saying that I can drop in a b-series vtec with no mods and the stock wiring harness and ECU will work? I don't know anything about the Hondas.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
not exactly plug and play. you will need a vtec ecu and mess with the wiring a little bit. if you get the complete wiring harness w/ the motor, then no problem. you might want to ask around in the prelude forum for more specifics :tu

good luck :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
make shure you get something biger than a b16 0r that car will be a dog
with the small ammount of tq it puts out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Freestylest22 said:
I have a 90 Prelude 2.0Si with the B20A5 in it, currently locked up. I'm having a hard time getting my hands on a decent motor. Can I use another engine instead? Like out of an Accord or Civic. I've never driven this car so a loss in power wouldn't be noticed. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

why dont you keep that block and build it.. you already have a 95mm crank on it, sleeve it, bore it to 87mm , get some H beam rods, 12.5 comp pistons JE or Wiseco, with a b16 head... theres your B20vtec....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,517 Posts
reynosop21 said:
why dont you keep that block and build it.. you already have a 95mm crank on it, sleeve it, bore it to 87mm , get some H beam rods, 12.5 comp pistons JE or Wiseco, with a b16 head... theres your B20vtec....
you cannot use the b20a block for a b20vtec conversion. it wont work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Snoopy said:
you cannot use the b20a block for a b20vtec conversion. it wont work.

really, ! my bust ...I would've assumed since it was a B series it would work fine with any Bserires head out there. well can he keep the crank and use it on another b series block them ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,517 Posts
reynosop21 said:
really, ! my bust ...I would've assumed since it was a B series it would work fine with any Bserires head out there. well can he keep the crank and use it on another b series block them ?
the b20a has nothing in common with the rest of the b series family. parts are not interchangeable between it and the rest. but i have heard that with some machining, you can get the 95mm crank to fit into a b18.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top