Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the story...two days ago i get in my car and i have to fukn hi-rev it to start it moving....it only would pull hard in first gear between 5-7k rpm...and then when i shift to second it barely accelerates at all....i have to rev it to 7k rpm to just get it accelerating a lil...and its the same for each gear after that....so i drove it all day cus i had shit to do (probably stupid thing to do but owell) and then the next day, i get back in and has same problem... i start driving to a friends house, and i right as i get into his neighborhood, it just wont grab the gears it seems like....it wont accelerate AT ALL. so i just roll to a stop and then tow it to the house down the street....now it wont even kill itself when i put it into 1st and let off the clutch and its just sittin in the driveway.....and i dont even have to put in the clutch to shift into any gear...and when its in first and i let off the brakes, the car starts to roll backwards down the slanted driveway....and i just now bled my clutch fluid and replaced it...but the clutch goes all the way to the floor and WILL NOT get any pressure...i bled it and refilled it twice, and still no luck...WTF IS GOING ON!?!

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Time for a new clutch! Mines started doing that and since it winter (snow) I changed it out.

Your disk is prob. really thin. And your throw out is just spinning!

If you do change your clutch change your Fly also!

I also hear that OEM throw out is the best to use, but i just used the one that came with my clutch!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, i also think its the clutch but i could be wrong....also the night before the car started actin wierd, i was pushin it REALLY hard...and the car has about 123k miles....i bought the car with 115k and i rebuilt the engine as soon as i bought it... so i dont know what all has been done to the car before i bought it. i hope its just the clutch and not the tranny...anybody else have any advice?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Definetly sounds like the clutch is slipping badly to me. the clutch disc probably is so worn down that it's just spinning in between the flywheel and pressure plate. It may be a good idea at this point to look at new flywheels as wheel because the rivets of the disc may be scratching up the honda flywheel right now.

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
R34-Lude said:
k, i also think its the clutch but i could be wrong....also the night before the car started actin wierd, i was pushin it REALLY hard...and the car has about 123k miles....i bought the car with 115k and i rebuilt the engine as soon as i bought it... so i dont know what all has been done to the car before i bought it. i hope its just the clutch and not the tranny...anybody else have any advice?

I was also drivin her hard before it happen also!...

Sum dumb ass driver high beams me just as the light turns green. I was like WTF... So I drive 50mph in a 45mph and this BIT*h does it again! Other lanes were clear, but she doesn’t want to pass... So when she does decide to pass I just didn’t let her! We stopped at a light and she behind me... The light turns green... I Just sat there :clap :clap ... She was piss.

The next day my clutch slips like crazy... But the only thing that kind of got me mad was that she reported to the cops. I get a letter saying improper lain change! :wow But just a warning.

O it was one of them new Dodge Him. Truck/van things.

·
Registered
333 Posts
First of all I don't blame you for doing that. [email protected] in trucks dont work, dude!
You'll prolly find it was the devil herself putting all that bad-clutch karma on you!!!
Back to the thread, though. This is Definitely a clutch-gone-bad scenario IMO. Get new clutch and use an OEM bearing. Dunno 'bout flywheel...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Type_SH RaCer said:
I was also drivin her hard before it happen also!...

Sum dumb ass driver high beams me just as the light turns green. I was like WTF... So I drive 50mph in a 45mph and this BIT*h does it again! Other lanes were clear, but she doesn’t want to pass... So when she does decide to pass I just didn’t let her! We stopped at a light and she behind me... The light turns green... I Just sat there :clap :clap ... She was piss.

The next day my clutch slips like crazy... But the only thing that kind of got me mad was that she reported to the cops. I get a letter saying improper lain change! :wow But just a warning.

O it was one of them new Dodge Him. Truck/van things.
i just hate those people who can change lane but they decide not to and just highbeam at other people...i often turn my mirror to anti-glare mode and just drive as slow as i can to block them...lolz...
to stay on the topic, i think it's the clutch...hope you get it fixed asap...i had the same problem before...just that i could still shift into second and forth gear...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts