Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want pull as many horses out of my engine that is practically brand new. thought of cold air intake and exaust. can you guys help me? I dont want to internally modify at all since its new, can i get some suggestions on how to max without damage?

the reason for it also is that some mods are not permited in europe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Intake, Exhaust, are your basic bolt-ons. Hondata or other engine management is good to get the maxium horsepower out of your car but that requires fine tuning on a dyno. Are bolt on turbo-kits legal? A standard Greddy kit with FMIC is fine for a stock motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have thought of turbo, but i might need to strenghthen my engine to withstand the turbo.

you think this option is trustable for a stock engine?

I also want to be able to remove all without major mods in case of law problems.

thanks

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
What motor is in your car?

Most of the SOHC D16's will be fine and dandy with a Greddy turbo kit but IMHO if you get a base greddy kit you need to buy a front mount intercooler and some better fuel management like Hondata or even though not many like it I have had good exp. with e-manage but a base greddy kit more than likely will not have e-manage.Just stay away from the E-01 boost controller,me and me buddy just went from the E-01 to a TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller and it dont spike at all plus we dyno'd with 23 more whp and 15 more ft lbs of tq

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea you have a single cam. Unless you start tearing apart the motor and doing internals you're not going to see any significant power gains besides going turbo or nitrous. I wouldn't suggest nitrous though until you learn more about cars.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
What I dont understand(which I'm not to up on Euro specs) is that if it is new it should not have a D16 in it at all.

But it is more than likely a D16Y8(96-00 SOHC VTEC)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Then any standard D series parts should fit,I think I seen somewhere that the V1 shares a few parts with the D17 so I'd look into that before you go buying any parts

·
Registered
57 Posts
johnny_maracas said:
why is that?
In my opinion before building any power it is better it have a suspension. If you were to slap on a turbo kit you now have a car the has power but the handling is horrible. Control of the car in more important than having power.
Here is my website www.methperformance.com before I did the motor swap I built that car to handle at any speed. It's just safer that way because if your looking to build power then the assumption is your going to drive fast sometimes. And that can be dangerous unless the car is built to handle it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not being a big fan of single cam motors I really don't know what companies do chips for those ECUs. I vote on the Greddy turbo kit with FMIC. They are relatively inexpensive and will provide the biggest gain. Just don't get overzealous witht he boost and your stock motor will be fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.