Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '00 Si, and I recently put in an ACT street disc/lightened flywheel.
I have trouble with smooth starting in 1st , which I never did with the stock clutch. The shop guy who installed it told me I should pop the clutch around 1,500-2,000 RPM.
Is that too low, too high? Or do I just need time to break it in to get smoother start?
Reverse also seems a bit weird sometimes.
Besides that everything else is cool, acceleration definitely improved a lot and pedal feel is also better.

I would really appreciate if anyone with knowledge/experience with ACT or other performance clutches can give some help/advice.

Thanks a lot.

- Will

· Registered
868 Posts
First of all, you shoulda bought the clutchmasters. Much smoother engagement and longer lasting. Also, did you break in your clutch right? I know clutchmasters has a break in period of 450-500 miles of stop and go traffic...which I am about to deal with in a few days (new stage 3 is in my room, about to be on my car). If you haven't driven it for a bit yet, try just doing some normal driving, even though you will have the biggest urge to beat on that poor little civic with 10lbs of decals :) hehe

· Registered
1,135 Posts
i got a CM stage 4 in mine, it acts nothing like a stock clutch smooth engagement is non existent unless you rev it to atleast 1500 or 2000 at a light.. but it does hit very hard though when it comes time to get to racin :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.