Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my hood from fiber images. looks great! won't go on! anyone else have problems? Looks like the loop on the hood is too "beefy". Dunno...please help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
are you talking about the latch loop? it should fit fine, i say give fiber images a call, or the person you bought it from.
-brian

·
Registered
284 Posts

Just return the hood and get your money back, it would be better spent upgrading your breaks or doing something performance wise =P
Sorry for the unhelpful post. Blah.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Re: ...

chase13 said:
Just return the hood and get your money back, it would be better spent upgrading your breaks or doing something performance wise =P
brakes....

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
hmmm, if you got it from FI id be pissed if I had to return it

i dont know about you, but it took me a month to get my hood from them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Re: ...

chase13 said:
I love these replies...lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not that anyone cares but....

got the hood on. we took a dremmel to it and filed the latch on the hood down. it was too "beefy" for the stock latch to grab ahold. Looks great!
heres a pic of the process...

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
no offence but cf doesnt look that good on black, good job on the install but you should use hood pins..

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not to bash on phatcivic or anything but I'd just like to say i like how cf hoods look on black, at first it looks like a normal hood then when it passes you see the weave and its a shock, well not a shock but you know :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
I love CF hoods... and it can almost be considered a performance mod because you are reducing unwanted weight from the car

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats the reasoning behind hood pins? I understand their function but they're over rated (honestly how often do you have to pop the hood an/or take it off). I'm goin' for the JDM look...I like what I got so far.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I thought hood pins were used cause the cf hoods are so lite that they blow off, shyt i've seen stock hoods blow open. correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
never really thought of that but...if a hood is designed correctly (aerodynamics and all) I don't think it should be a problem in the slightest.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm a little late but I had the same problem with mine. When you push down on the hood the latch rolls over but the back end of the spring (looks like a little hook) would catch the hood latch. Me and my dad used a dremel to sand down almost half the diameter of the latch so it would fit.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
x3mhonda said:
I thought hood pins were used cause the cf hoods are so lite that they blow off, shyt i've seen stock hoods blow open. correct me if i'm wrong.
bingo..not only does it help hold the hood down but in an acedent those hoods have a tendency to shatter leaving the front window wide open for objects to fly through. The hope in hood pins would be it bends in half blocking the window and protecting the driver.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think hood pins are mostly for show, unless your car is capable of doing 170 mph+. I've done 145 and mine is fine. Personally, I don't like hood pins, but in your case you may need to use them. Make sure you get LED ones, hahaha. But seriously make sure you get the ones you can lock cus it isn't hard at all for someone to jack a hood, it happened to my friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts