Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i did somthing really stupid kuz i wasn't paying attention ....i accidently put desil fuel in my car yesterday and only 3 gallons worth...and i freaked and so the guy who was droppin off gas said to go ahead and fill it up with 91 and it should start becuz deisil fuel today is so thin. So i filled it up and my car works and runs but its running really slow right now...he said ill just probably needa change my fuel filter anywayz...i was wondering should i just let run threw or should i take it to a shop to drain the gas tank and have it drained and just put all new gas in

it was so bad i lost to a 2k1 civic that nite...but thats a whole another story this guy did perfect launches was alone and was like a sleeper kuz i had 4 heads in my kar and bad fuel but still think i woulda lost, fastest 2k1 one civic ive seen.....i never knew those things could even be made fast

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Well, I would have drained it from the start, but I guess its too late now. Considering diesel fuel is like 45 octain your car is not going to like it. However, it shouldn't kill the motor, it will just smoke like a bitch.

Second of all, not to be a dick, but after you know that you have diesel fuel in your car, WHY the HELL would you go out, and try to race your car, or put any stress oin it for that matter? That to me is plain stupid.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
v00tecsi said:

Second of all, not to be a dick, but after you know that you have diesel fuel in your car, WHY the HELL would you go out, and try to race your car, or put any stress oin it for that matter? That to me is plain stupid.
well its running slower umm basically i was driving slow that night u know and my friend was in this lane next to me and like this civic comes out of nowhere and is tailin me so it pisses me off....and i put on my Emergency lights kuz im driving slower and then i guess he thinks i want to race becuase he puts his on too im like fawk, so i speed up a lil bit to get infront of my friend to let him over and this foo starts revvin on me n shiet.....and from what i know those cars r slow...and iono pissin me off and i got road rage.....and even tho my car was runnin slower i said fawk it...its my car....its a honda...fawk it,lol pluz i had 4 heads in my car maybe that had somthing to do with it.....so then at the both lights he starts revvin at me so i raced him both times...lost badley...im guessin he had like a Si engine in there or rsx engine, or some major internals which i didn't know was avaible for that car

yes i know stupidity(but i was already pissed from what i did so i easily gave in, bad mood)....if my car broke then yea i would just be my fualt but its running fine except for that fact that its slower with the bad fuel mix

also how is it too late to have it drained, tomorrow im going to see how much it will cost to have it drained becuase i really dont like my car driving like this......this morning it was harder for it to start and almost shut off.....btw my car is low on oil again

i dont hit vtec in daily driving and dont drive it that hard but can going into vtec cuase me to be low on oil?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i wouldnt have even gone out at all....i woulda stayed at home

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh i was already out with friends when it happend, otherwise i woulda probbably went home o well im going to a shop today to see if they can drain the gas tank, hope its not too expensive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts