Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my hands on a AEM intake, DC 4-2-1 header, 60mm ported TB, ZEX/COMP stage 2 cam (the 59300 one), skunk 2 valve springs and retainers..... and i wanna install this but had a few small ?`s.....

1) im not a ricer and am ganna freak out if i have V tec, i just wanna know, since the cam is a stage 3 is the V tec engagment ganna be A) more noticeable and B) is it ganna give me a better jump in H.P.??????

P.S.- just wondering cause the high cam lobe is freaking huge compared to the smaller ones... this has gotta be something good.....

2) also i have a (JDM) D15b this is going into, it already has; TSUDO N1 style CAT-BACK, test pipe, VAFC, and removed P/S and A/C.... i would imagine after tuning that the car will be putting pretty good H.P. down, and i wanted to know what u guys think about this cam, i know u think the ZEX cam is a good cam, but which one am i always hearing about, the stage 1 (59200) or the stage 2 (59300)??????

P.S. 2- the 59300, how much did u get urs for?

·
Registered
57 Posts
ITR_typeR said:
i just got my hands on a AEM intake, DC 4-2-1 header, 60mm ported TB, ZEX/COMP stage 2 cam (the 59300 one), skunk 2 valve springs and retainers..... and i wanna install this but had a few small ?`s.....

1) im not a ricer and am ganna freak out if i have V tec, i just wanna know, since the cam is a stage 3 is the V tec engagment ganna be A) more noticeable and B) is it ganna give me a better jump in H.P.??????

P.S.- just wondering cause the high cam lobe is freaking huge compared to the smaller ones... this has gotta be something good.....

2) also i have a (JDM) D15b this is going into, it already has; TSUDO N1 style CAT-BACK, test pipe, VAFC, and removed P/S and A/C.... i would imagine after tuning that the car will be putting pretty good H.P. down, and i wanted to know what u guys think about this cam, i know u think the ZEX cam is a good cam, but which one am i always hearing about, the stage 1 (59200) or the stage 2 (59300)??????

A) noticeable .. power wise once u get up into rpm but nothing as far as sound diff. ex: being louder
B) u will notice the pull diff. once ur in the vtec powerband
this is one thing i hate about vtec heads ... u cant fit a big cam without having to modify the head... 59100 and 59300 are zex's 2 grinds for a d15b or z6 heads
do believe the 59300 goes right in ..... check this site outSOHC <--- a lot of sohc info ! :clap
i work mainly with non vtecs :evil
one thing u can do is get rid of the v-afc and hav ur ecu chipped and tuned correctly !

·
Registered
478 Posts
^^ken's right

you dont sound like a "ricer" just need to get the right info man. so thats good, kudo's to you.

the 59300 is a big cam but not to big. it makes some noise but nothing serious.

but the final say so in power production is the tune you are able to give the cam.

a cam is just mechanically lobes on a stick.. its up to you to add the correct fuel and ignition mapping..

also the 59300 is traditionally a turbo/nitrous cam.. we have seen people on our site pull good NA numbers from it however, but have also seen some not able to

IMO it shoudl work well with the increased dwell time at high roms(vtec range) that the d15b will deliver in its NA form over the d16's. (again my opinion)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what ur saying is i need to make sure that it gets tuned, i need something to go off of, a place called SRD is ganna do the install and dyno tune for me and i am worried about not pulling the power, when they dyno tune, i give em free range and they`ll tune it correctly and do the cam gear timing and the distributor turn (ignition) for me right??? sorry 2 ?`s in one...... ill check out sohchonda.com... thnx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts