Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive been wanting to put it some grounding wires on 4g vtec for a while now but never had the time to put everything together. Now that the weather is better here in MA and i have some time id like to do it. I havent seen much talk on here about grounding wires nor on other forums about where and what should be grounded, neither the obvious and or the hidden places. I want to do this now because I would like to improve the consistancy of the energy flow taking some stress off of my poor alternator. If any of you guys have done it yourself, or know of a few places that should be tied down let me know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can buy those ebay ground wires that are 4 guage? i think...

ground like the guy said above me, dont foget to ground the firewall to get better radio reception & slightly brighter interior lights.

:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
johnlude85 said:
in random order: battery, head, intake manifold, tranny, ps pump, frame...and basically any other good place you can find as a ground.
Just decide if you want it hidden or not. and ad that into your decision process along with how much wire you have to spare.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont mind if they are hidden, i want to ground as many things as i can without going overboard. just the parts that matter... anything having to do with the vtec have to be grounded?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TOP, when u say the alternator and not to ground, but to use either wire from the engine harness? what do u mean?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
busyychild said:
TOP, when u say the alternator and not to ground, but to use either wire from the engine harness? what do u mean?
O god .. im saying the exact opposite of that. DO NOT ground to a point the engine harness leads to .. I did this and almost caused a nukular explosion ,,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, nuclear that couldnt have been any good :eek ... then where should it be grounded? directly to the neg bat post, or to something like the chasis/firewall?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
dont overground things, you can cause ground loops and electrical eddies to form and they will hurt the alternator more then help it. and a good key to grounding something is measure up all the gauges of the red wires you have going to the positive terminal on your battery and make your grounds the same size as the sum total of all the positive wires together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts