Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i go about making headlights look illuminated, with that glowing that goes out to the sides of the lenses like youre looking into lights at night? BTW i only have photoshop elements, so im not sure if i have all the tools of photoshop X thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Illuminated?? Like when you look into a blinding headlight when its at night??

·
Registered
484 Posts
i dont know exactly what your talking about but if its something with headlighs lighting up, then
filter<render<lens flare

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thh, thats kinda it but how do you get the "blinding" effect

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so how do i get them to look like the blue headlights in Da|2kZe|2o sig?

·
Registered
484 Posts
ummm there should be like 3 options with bubbles next to it when that filter comes up. the bubble is already on the first one so it might be the third one. helps???? if it doesnt then ill help more tommorrow

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
1: Pick out the car you want to make headlights on. Then choose filter>render>lens flare. Now choose 105mm, that's the brightest one, and its already a lil tinted blue. Put the lens flare in the right place, ie the headlights.

2. You dont have to do this but it gives it a darker look to the reflection. Okay now undo what you did with the lens flare or just press ctrl+alt+Z to undo. Now create a new layer and use the paintbucket option and paint the whole layer black. Now go to filters and select lens flare from the top. That should put the lens flare on the place you original placed it. Now go to layer options (drag down menu on layers) and select screen. That should take the black away.

3. Go back to your background and repeat step 1 on the other headlight, and then undo lens flare. Now go back to layer 1 and on the layer options put it back on normal and it should return to black. Now again go to filters and select lens flare on top, that should create your 2nd headlight. Now go to layer options and and select screen again. Congrats you made 2 headlights.

4. Color - Okay originally the color of the lights are a lil tinted blue depends on the colors of the background. Select layer 1 and go to Image>adjustments>hue/saturation or ctrl+u. Select colorize and pick the colors that you want. To make it brighter or darker just mess with the lightness option a bit until you are satisfied.

If you dont understand or have any questions about this just ask and im sure anyone will answer your question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts