Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
well the v2 is a cold air isnt it? id say just the regular aem cold air, you wont see too much aof a gain over the normal one with the v2, maybe an extra hp or 2 if that much really

·
Registered
91 Posts
go with short ram for a few reasons.

1. Cheaper
2. Battery acts as a heat sheid
3. Easier to get to filter for cleaning
4. take out ur air resignator and u have more open air to suck in.
5. From Cold air to short ram ur not gonna notice anyone hp gains over the other.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Actually, I'd have to say CAI. The 1st one is fine, and actually makes more power in some cases than the V2, which "has a better sound", I didnt care about sound enough to shell out the extra cash for the same or weaker HP gains. Try searching this one, there's more than likely a ton of posts on it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have the V2 on my Si with the H23 and it sounds amazing. Loud and great sound. It probally does have a lil more HP gain than over the regular AEM intakes. You might check ebay. You can probally find a V2 on there for cheaper than stores would charge. If u can find a good price i would diffently get it; like i said i love mine. Alot of people say though just to get an ebay intake and buy a better filter.It all depends on who u talk to really.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a V2 for the fact of cleaning it....and it doesn't get as dirty as quickly.

If you want....I'll buy a V2 and I will sell you my CAI used.

·
Registered
375 Posts
everyone who has an aem cold air will tell u to get that. everyone with the v2 will tell u to get that. i have had both and i like the v2 more/

·
Registered
526 Posts
JDMJaybus said:
go with short ram for a few reasons.

1. Cheaper
2. Battery acts as a heat sheid
3. Easier to get to filter for cleaning
4. take out ur air resignator and u have more open air to suck in.
5. From Cold air to short ram ur not gonna notice anyone hp gains over the other.
If u have your intake too close to your battery then u might experience engine fires my buddy had a 3rd gen lude and he didnt relocated hid battery and he ran a short ram intake, i dont know wat happened but his engine was up in flames :wow :(

·
Registered
832 Posts
tanogi_1664 said:
If u have your intake too close to your battery then u might experience engine fires my buddy had a 3rd gen lude and he didnt relocated hid battery and he ran a short ram intake, i dont know wat happened but his engine was up in flames :wow :(
uhhh wtf- this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening.

·
Registered
286 Posts
yea that seems kinda unrealistic, thats why you dont buy ebay intakes i guess

·
Registered
238 Posts
what's wrong with ebay intakes?

·
Registered
286 Posts
aside from the poor quality, and questionable power gains?

·
Registered
238 Posts
its a pipe. you can buy an ebay intake and K&N filter and basically have the same thing as an AEM intake. i just wouldn't leave their crappy filters on, they're known to deteriorate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts