Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a Jackson Supercharger on my 2000 honda Ex SOHC.....I got the super charger when I purchased my car in 2000. I have never gotten the horsepower out of mycar that I think tha tI should....when I got the charger, Jackson did not have the map controller or timing boost controller....My car is set by ever thing that Jackson says it should...with my car set up the way taht Jackson's Dyno is my car produces a wapping 107.4 in 4th gear at 7500 rpms, where Jackson's car produced 140....When I asked what can I do it took Oscar Jackson 2 months to figure out that my car needed a map controller and timing boost controller....he said that it would be a good start to solving the problem...When I asked Y I did not get these products when I purcharsed my car, he said that the technology was not avaiable....So my question is what should I do....Get and Apex Fuel Controller...and the Jackson stuff or is there something better out there....Anyone have a set up like my and let me know what you are doing to your car .....

· Registered
2,529 Posts
First, what are your plans for the car? Do you want to stay at 6 PSI but make 6 PSI power, or do you want to make it a lot faster, like say 10 PSI, or 8 PSI and some nitrous?? I can recommend a couple of things but need a roadmap of what all you have done to your car and what your ultimate goal is for the JRSC.

On the first dyno run after my JRSC install, I think I got like 116WHP or something, and I was really depressed because I thought that's all I could get out of it, and I just spent a lot of money. However, he did another dyno run, then another, then another, and we finally got it up to 145 WHP, and it's still running a bit rich. My thought is that if you're only making 107 WHP, something is definetely wrong, as you should be making a whole lot more. Do you have a vacuum/boost gauge and an A/F gauge?
I'm thinking you are running WAY rich, and that is killing all your power that you could be making. The JR Map controller will help with this, as will the JR BTC, as will the Apexi V-AFC, BUT there are other options available too for cheaper that do the same things as those and more, hence why I need to know your car's future roadmap. It sounds to me like whoever was tuning your car didn't know what they were doing. How do your spark plugs look? Did you get 2 step colder plugs (or at least 1 step colder)? I'd also like to know what your fuel pressure is, but I'm thinking you don't have an underhood B&M fuel pressure gauge eh? No worries, just that it would help you tune it a bit yourself. FWIW, there are a lot of other ways to "start solving the problem" than spending more money just because JR says so. Keep in touch and we'll get it figured out for you.

· Registered
2,529 Posts
Posted here because the PM to you is too long to fit:

There is really no way to tell if you are running lean or rich without an A/F guage and/or an EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauge. I really think you should get an A/F gauge at the least soon. Also, an underhood B&M fuel pressure guage will help tune the fuel pressure as well. A high-flow fuel pump will ensure that you are getting enough fuel to the engine at all times,whereas the stock pump can basically stutter and cause you to go lean, causing detonation and a blown engine... a high flow fuel pump such as the Walbro GSS-342 would be a very good item to purchase soon as well. Just because a honda dealership installed it doesn't mean they knew what they were doing... sure, they may know the hondas inside and out, but as far as tuning hondas with aftermarket parts, they're pretty clueless. That's what speed shops are for, particularly if they have access to a dyno so you can determine exactly how much HP you are making at the wheels. Has OJ ever seen your car personally? If not, I think he's just telling you this to get you off the phone. Listen to the people here in the SC forum with JRSCs... we may not be able to build the SCs, but we can troubleshoot and tune them very well. There is no problem with running different parts with the JRSC. I use the V-AFC with my car and it works fine. I'm selling that soon to get an EBL evo. <-- an electronic boost controller specifically maid for the JRSC. You can read about it here http://209.197.224.77/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3248 and here http://haiparts.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/284. In short, it takes the place of the JR map controller, the V-AFC I have, and a boost controller. The EBL evo will be available sometime in march or April at the second link I gave you for less $ than it's predecessor the EBL+EFVC is listed for on that second link. This would be perfect for you if you wanted to go to 8 or 10 PSI and then you'd definetely be hitting 14s. Don't worry, my car too is under warranty, and none of these things will void it. So what other mods do you have done to your car??

· Registered
226 Posts
I also have a supercharged civic , but mines a DX model and I making 145 whp and still running very rich, its running so rich it's off the chart on my dyno sheet.Iam petty new to this site, but I think you should go with a hondata system. It consists of 4 different stages but I recommend getting a stage 3 boost system, that's what Iam going with. best bang for your buck. You can get more info. at www.hondata.com. tell me what you think about it?

· Registered
2,529 Posts
hondata won't control boost like the EBL evo, and it's expensive, and hard for newbies to tune. Not saying that hondata is bad, but it's not the way I recommend nor the way I intend to go.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey

So the EBL evo is what you think that I should go with....Question should I waste my money on injectors and fuel rail ...if so what size injectors adn fuel rail......And say a Jacobs or Accel,Msd.....My fuel pump and regulator have both be up graded and I think that those should be ok.....so once again I say good bye and let me know more info....

· Registered
2,529 Posts
I'm saying that I plan to go with the EBL evo, and it is a good suggestion towards you if you want to move beyond 6 PSI, and also tune your fuel more finely.

You shouldn't need a fuel rail, or injectors. I think your stock injectors will hold up to about 10 PSI on your blower, and once you go past that, it's best then to get some. A standalone computer would help a lot with bigger injectors and adjusting the pulse width, but I don't see me going that far in my civic. I'm sort of interested in maybe getting my hands on an lancer evo VII when they hit the states, so my plans for my civic end after 6 PSI and maybe a high flow cat, and probably an aftermarket clutch, and any thing else I may need if I break something doing something stupid :)

Some people swear by their aftermarket ignitions, and some people have nothing but problems with them. I'm riding the fence on this since I have heard and do trust that the stock honda ignition is very powerful and capable of handling FI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.