Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried installing a new head unit in my civic.... and it wont power on... then i tried to plug the factory radio back into the factory harness and that wouldnt turn on either.... i checked the fuse box and the fuse was blown so i replaced it and it still wont work.... anyone have any suggestions.....

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
If you replaced the fuse and it still dosent work, if you have access to a voltmeter, check to see if power if going to the fuse panel for the radio. If not, your problem is between the fuse panel, and under the hood. If it is getting power, replace the fuse adn see if it works. If it still dosent, your problem is between the fuse panel and your harness connection. I would hope for the latter because that would be easier to fix. Mabey there is a short somewhere??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey I replaced the fuse in the fuse box and now it powers up but there is no sound... i dont know whats wrong this time either.. i plugged my factory radio back in and it works fine... is the head unit messed up or what..... i know i have it wired fine and all..... I have it wired to the factory radio also, because i want to keep my keyless entry....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you might have a blown speaker. if a speaker is blown sometimes the factory radio will play them, but a ground will shut the amplifier in an aftermarket radio down. check to see if any of your speakers are grounded out.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
right but it could still be that one of the speakers is grounding out, or blown, and that is causing the amp in the aftermarket radio to shut down. a lot of times the factory radio isn't bothered by that and it will play fine, but the aftermarket will protect itself.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
it will cost you more to have them do it then it would to buy a cheap 1. I don't think it would be a short do all of the speakers work with the factory deck? If 1 of them is out or doesn't sound right. then you could start chasing wires.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.