Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the story,car is a 92 hatch. Last summer I bought and XTD clutch kit and 8lb flywheel. my car has a boosted z6 on 8lbs. 2 weeks ago it felt like the clutch was slipping, revving fast and not going anywhere. so I ordered a new ACT street disc and installed it. now i have broke it in and finally was able to get on it. it was fine for about 3-4 pulls, but now it is doing the same thing. does anyone have any ideas what it could be? i was thinking it could be the pressure plate, but why would it just all of the sudden start to slip? please help

·
Registered
518 Posts
my only guess is you didnt resurface the flywheel, if you got a new one with your new clutch thats out of the question.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that might be it also. but i put a new one in with the last clutch. maybe i will just put in the stock one.

·
Registered
518 Posts
ya try that, because all the flywheels ive did are made for one certain clutch, so there might be a small gap so its not grabbing all teh way, try bleading the clutch also before you rip into it again

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it looks like the clutch is ok still. there is still good material on the clutch. so i guess it should be the flywheel.anyone think it could be the pressure plate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts