Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one help me on this here's the thing.. i bought a new alternator & charged the battery the problem is its not getting enough power to the alternator it does start but then after a few minutes it kinda loses power what should i do? :( my car is a 92 hatch with a B18a1 engine.. thanks! God Speed.. plus on the cluster gauge it says check.. check what?

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
so you're saying the engine doesnt start? or what? and the gague cluster light is the check engine light..you might want to run the code its throwing

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
it does start sometimes & sometimes it does not.. its not the check engine it only says check.. thanks though..
the onyl light that says check is the check engine..post a pic of what you're talkign about..did it have trouble starting before you swapped the alternator

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think its the starter coz last time i installed a alternator that was cranking 12 volts instead of 8 so i think its the starter & i replaced the alternator with an oem 1.. coz the 1st one my brother in law bought it.. thanks.. God Speed..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.