Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
the best place to jack up the car is the cars frame. Put the jack stand under the transmisson since it doesn't have a pan for the oil. you'll probbaly only need one jack stand for both sides if placed under the transmission. its also in the honda car manual.

good luck

· Registered
324 Posts
Umm.. isn't it kinda dangerous to jack up the entire car with just one stand? And then you get under it? I would never do that even if it is in the manual. Yes the safest (and I think the only) place to properly use the stand is to use the frame on either side.
If you want the whole front or back to be raised up simultaneously I would strongly advise you to take it to a shop or buy certified ramps which I did. But the jack that comes with the car is for changing tires, I don't think it is safe to get UNDER the car with that stand. Read the manual and be careful.

· Registered
7 Posts
Umm.. isn't it kinda dangerous to jack up the entire car with just one stand? And then you get under it?
hehe its not in the manual to place a jack stand under the transmission. Its also not dangerous to place the jack stand under the transmission. The only dangerous case I would see placing a jack stand under the transmission would be if all the motor mounts broke and or the bolts from the tranny to the engine are missing or broke, which both scenarios are very unlikely.
I guess you're correct since a jack stand can only carry a certain load, ie 2 tons. Our cars weigh one and half tons so if you didn't have a 2 ton jack stand i wouldn't place one under the transmission.

But the jack that comes with the car is for changing tires, I don't think it is safe to get UNDER the car with that stand. Read the manual and be careful.
AHh yes, safety first, don't want to get injured over a dumb thing. He has a jack stand and a jack. Our cars do not come with jack stands so he must have bought a pair. But yes, he should read the manual carefully.
I can jack one side up but there is no space to put my jack stand.. Please help me
uhh did you mean no space like what the manual said or no place to put it? If you’re thinking of putting the jack stand next to the jack, think again. The cars frame is very visible under the car, it may look and feel like plastic when touched but above that is a metal frame. The jack up points are closer to you like what the manual said and behind that is the frame of the car. That’s where you would place the jack stands.

:)

· Registered
215 Posts
You might want to block the rear wheels, so as to lessen the chance that the jack(s) will tip over, dropping the car on you. I'm pretty sure it says that in the manual...

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a 2 ton floorjack and jack stands. I jacked the car up from the front but it couldn't go high enough so that I could place the jack stands on the jack spots behind the front the wheels. I guess buying a $40 mechanics package wont cut it... Will buy a floor jack that raise the car more.

· Registered
49 Posts
I use a 2 ton floor jack to jack-up the front too (I do not recommend jacking it up from the transmission though- there is a spot just forward of the tranny to set the jack). However I'm able to get the jack stands under the jack-spots on each side. I do have adjustable jack-stands though. However, if you guys have lowered your car, this may be a problem too. You just gotta know Jack! :p

Anyway, I use that set up when I need to pull the wheels. If I just want to jack-it-up to do oil changes, etc, I just use the wheel ramps I bought and drive it up- *Note, if you have a body-kit or have lowered you car beyond 1 inch, you will not be able to use the ramps either. :(

As Hunsvotti said, "Block the rear wheels!"

Hope that helps....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.