Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will an intake for a 96-97 civic ex fit a 94 civic ex??? as in iceman. cause i found one really cheap! thanks!!! peace.

· Registered
259 Posts
i dun tink so.... look at the shape of the intake... and take a look at yours and see if it looks the same :p thats all i could think of....
you could prolly find one at a good price for your car anyway.

· Registered
7,625 Posts
I think if it's one of the true CAI systems it won't fit since the newer EX doesn't have that hole in the metal behind the headlight like the 92-95 does where they route the pipe & filter. The 96-up piping goes another way around into that space.

BUT... if it's just a regular intake kit where the filter is in the engine bay it should work OK.

· Registered
259 Posts
klungemonger said:
I think if it's one of the true CAI systems it won't fit since the newer EX doesn't have that hole in the metal behind the headlight like the 92-95 does where they route the pipe & filter. The 96-up piping goes another way around into that space.

BUT... if it's just a regular intake kit where the filter is in the engine bay it should work OK.

what do you mean by newer? i hve 99 civ Ex and it does have the hole right behind the headlight... but right now i have SRI and that stupid plastic piece from the stock intake is still there :(

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Ah, then I have to retract my statement, at least partially. It must be the EX has the hole but not others? My 98 DX doesn't have the hole in it going down into the space behind the bumper. I remember though on my 94 VX it did have it just like the EX. Hmmm...who knows why Honda does some of the things they do!

the newer EX must still have the same style resonator as the old one.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
6th gen DX's have a verticle-mounted throttle body, while EX's have a horizontally mounted throttle body (like those u see on b-series)... this explains for different positioning of the air intakes.

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow

thanks guys for all your help...so he said that it doesn't fit his civic because it doesn't have a hole behind the light...so does that mean it will fit my civic? cause i think im gonna buy it! thanks!!!! peace...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.