Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ight i got a 2000 accord ex...and the sunroof wont close all the way..have n e of yall had this problem? like it works..but once it gets 2 the last inch and a half it wont shut all the way..now i have 2 leave it open until friday cuz thats the earliest apt i can get...i put plastic and shit..but just wondering if any of yall have had this problem??

·
Registered
220 Posts
check and see if there is a screw loose. there are two like guiding parts I guess, one on each side, held in with a screw. They become loose after awhile and will block the window. Just put them back and screw it back in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
did that fix it? I have that problem every 4 months or so it will work it self loose, it's very odd

·
Registered
766 Posts
now im glad i dont have sunroof....:p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heyy thanks man alot!! it saved me a 30 min drive..it worked..i guess i have the same defect as u..but its ok cuz it only takes like 30 seconds 2 fix..peace

·
Registered
220 Posts
np glad I can finally fix something. Yea mine only comes loose every 4 months and thats with aggresive driving and never getting around to actually rescrewing it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
well, i dont have a sunroof, but my suggestion to fix that would be, go to ace, take out one screw, find the smallest lockWasher to fit the screw, and put it under the screw, that should stop it

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Searched and brought this thread up; if anyone else has any ideas on this please let me know.
Here's what happened to me tonight.....its on a 95 Accord EX.
The sunroof was working great all day until after the club.
I tried to close it on the freeway but it didnt close and pop up into place like it normally does. There is still that....oh.......say........1 inch gap in which the front of the glass locks into place and the rear side pops up to channel water and rain away.....but its just like.....stuck.
See how its nighttime right now....might be a bit hard to work on it so I'll let you know if this existing fix works for it. If not, i'll break out the good old service manual and see whats up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey all i did was tighten the screws around the sunroof and it started workin fine..i would try that b4 takin it 2 try 2 get it fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts